Snarking in a Becker Wonderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some gear I've got in the last few days. Tough Light, and Anker Bolder flashlight, both USB rechargeable, Ultrafire holster, Apie waterproof bluetooth speaker, also USB rechargeable, Hermit Shell case for it, and viking patch. Also got my BK9 sheath in from knifejunkie, but didn't get a photo of it. Computer came in as well, and gonna get it all hooked up tomorrow:

Jeannie and I are headed out to Cloudland Canyon park in the AM! A highly-anticipated and much-needed woods trip to a place that's BEAUTIFUL! Weather is going to be perfect and there will be food, fire, booze and knives!
Of course, we'll need the photographic evidence, and lots of it. :thumbsup:

nice patch!

Jonny - hope you and Jeannie have a blast.
it got warm today - I wore short sleeves to work just to mess with folks' brains.
supposed to be 55 tomorrow and 60 on Sunday -- with that much thawing, my yard is going to be a mud pit.

nice patch!

Jonny - hope you and Jeannie have a blast.
it got warm today - I wore short sleeves to work just to mess with folks' brains.
supposed to be 55 tomorrow and 60 on Sunday -- with that much thawing, my yard is going to be a mud pit.
Haha, thanks man, love that patch. Weather is supposed to be the same here.

Some gear I've got in the last few days. Tough Light, and Anker Bolder flashlight, both USB rechargeable, Ultrafire holster, Apie waterproof bluetooth speaker, also USB rechargeable, Hermit Shell case for it, and viking patch. Also got my BK9 sheath in from knifejunkie, but didn't get a photo of it. Computer came in as well, and gonna get it all hooked up tomorrow:

Cool stuffs.. Like that vikingpatch :D

Got my new pc going. Can't say I like Windows 10.

A friend sent me this Thai enep from a recent trip to Thailand. She used it to cut banana trees to feed elephants. I tuned up the edge and gave it a second go. Holy CRAP this thing is cool. Efficient. It's a very rough piece as I imagine most are, but the blade profile and geometry are excellent, and it has a good differential heat-treat. It didn't blink whacking on seasoned maple limbs that blew down last year. Looks like I'll need to put some epoxy under the scales and give it a decent sheath, but it's definitely a keeper. It fits pretty well in a BK-7 sheath, but I lack a spare. She must have paid like $6 for it. Yes, now I want to make my own...

IMG_20190203_145322-small.jpg

IMG_20190203_145355-small.jpg

Last edited:
A friend sent me this Thai enep from a recent trip to Thailand. She used it to cut banana 'trees' to feed elephants. I tuned up the edge and gave it a second go. Holy CRAP this thing is cool. Efficient. It's a very rough piece as I imagine most are, but the blade profile and geometry are excellent, and it has a good differential heat-treat. It didn't blink whacking on seasoned maple limbs that blew down last year. Looks like I'll need to put some epoxy under the scales and give it a decent sheath, but it's definitely a keeper. It fits pretty well in a BK-7 sheath, but I lack a spare. She must have paid like $6 for it. Yes, now I want to make my own...

IMG_20190203_145322-small.jpg

IMG_20190203_145355-small.jpg
Love my e-nep. Thing is a wood processing monster:

The "Uncle E-nep": https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/uncle-e-nep.1606973/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back