Snarking in a Becker Wonderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Storm rolling through, knocked the dang ol internet out. Doh!

the deer here are apparently smarter than me -- I was outside in the cold, windy, sleet -- and they weren't.

unfortunately, apparently neither was my rural mail carrier, since the mail never arrived, either -- and my "new to me" kephart book was supposed to be arriving according to USPS. :(

USPS was supposed to deliver my cyber Monday parangatang yesterday before 8pm. Instead, and according to the tracking record yesterday (which was erased today) it came from upstate NY to NYC to Long Island NY and then was brought back to Hudson Valley NY. Meh.

Called the cable company. Outage due to tornadoes in the area.

"Let's hear you 'debt free scream'"! 3, 2, 1, ... :D

Lord I hope to scream those words one day!

The wife has been asking me what I want for my birthday, and I have no clue. Don't really need anything.

Happy early Birthday! Foot rubs are always good!

I always just tell my wife when she asks what I want, "I don't need anything else, when I have you darlin"!

This man has got it figured out.

Again, you show yourself to be a smart man, Bravo. :thumbsup:

It also takes a smart man to recognize another!

Still out, dammit.

since I don't know when/if my rural carrier will ever show up with the book, I ordered another copy last night - along with a packable/lightweight slack strop.

in other news, at 6AM it was still misting - by 7:30 it was snowing pretty hard -- here's hoping I can find me some groceries on the hoof later today.

In Taylorville, where a tornado went through. Major damage. 12 tornadoes reported in central Illinois.

hunting was grim -- cold, wet wind from the NW with frequent enough gusts it was rocking the tree and just about put me to sleep a time or 2....
only heard 1 gunshot around 2:30 or 3.
at 4:30, I gave up and started walking back out.
at 4:40, I walked past a tree and surprised a small doe about 30 yards away and a bit uphill.
she looked at me, I looked at her, shouldered, fired, and dropped her in place.
punched a shoulder & shattered her spine -- when I loaded her up in the tractor I discovered "she" was actually a button.

used the BK62 to dress it out and skin it.
Hanging in a buddy's garage tonight, I'll quarter it tomorrow after work.

Thatโ€™s awful, Dubz.

Scary stuff .
it is bad. Hopefully nobody got hurt. On a lighter note, I'm betting the internet will be out for a few more days. They have to wait for areas to be cleaned up, just to be able to get to the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back