Snarking Up The Wrong Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
37883432_10217060977707374_7660915573689155584_n.jpg

Tank... did you... really?
Did you break snark AGAIN??

Friggin heat is killing my holidaycampinplans :mad:
2 left outa 3 workfree weeks and temps at 30-35°c... No fire allowed anywhere. Forestfires going on all over... Biggest one sofar is exeeding 50000 acres.
Dryest and hottest summer in Sweden since they started recording temps..

Friggin heat is killing my holidaycampinplans :mad:
2 left outa 3 workfree weeks and temps at 30-35°c... No fire allowed anywhere. Forestfires going on all over... Biggest one sofar is exeeding 50000 acres.
Dryest and hottest summer in Sweden since they started recording temps..

Crazy conditions here in Ontario as well. Very hot. They are evacuating some communities because of forest fires in northern Ontario. And we also have a fire ban almost everywhere. Not a great summer for being outside.

Just had a monster monsoonish 5 minute rain but we need much more...
First rain in almost three months.

making cup and ball is on my list...

this was just a first, sample turning, for calibration of the new lathe. random piece of green tree chunk made into a rounder shape.

the side bit is actually pleasing to me. will have to copy that. could be a style :D holy grail?

so, now i can [re]make chisel handles nicely - woot; tops, spinners, bowls, cup, goblets, vases, and all that fancy stuff.

a boy needs a lathe

Nice here today. High of 79°, 70° right now.

making cup and ball is on my list...

this was just a first, sample turning, for calibration of the new lathe. random piece of green tree chunk made into a rounder shape.

the side bit is actually pleasing to me. will have to copy that. could be a style :D holy grail?

so, now i can [re]make chisel handles nicely - woot; tops, spinners, bowls, cup, goblets, vases, and all that fancy stuff.

a boy needs a lathe

try turning a "kuska" like object -- the assymetric handle whack gets old FAST, but the end result is kinda cool.

62° now, crazy. Getting some much needed rain as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back