Sneak Preview: New Mission Knives Website

Spark

HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate
Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
For those who would like to see what I have been working on all this time, check this out:

http://www.missionknives.com/kjs

Keep in mind that this is just a sneak preview of the site, not all of the links work yet as the uploading isn't completely finished. But, you should get a pretty good idea of what the final product is going to look like tomorrow...

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

I thought the MPF steel would be A2, not M2 as stated in the "In the News" section. Or was that just a limited production? Then again, I also bet those didn't start shipping "late 1998."

Hey Spark, nice going! Looking forward to seeing the rest of it.

------------------
Dexter Ewing
Knife Reviews Moderator

"The keystroke is mightier than the sword"

We too are VERY PLEASED with the work Spark has done for us. I do and will HIGHLY RECOMMEND him to anyone wanting to build a Professional website. Spark is also a VERY PROFESSIONAL person.

Thank you Spark. Well done.

GregC - as with any new product, there are bound to be a few glitches, yes, the MPF steel blades are A2 instead of M2. The prototypes were complete end of 1998. We are working on the production blades now. We are doing a final analysis on whether we grind or CNC mill the production run. We CNC milled the 6 prototypes and they came out flawlessly, we know we can grind, but a manufacturer usually loses 10-15 blades in setup.

Darrel Ralph - As always, thanks for the kind words. Looking forward to working with you in the future.

Again, GREAT JOB Spark.

Sincerely,
Rick

Looks great! Really fast loading, great layout, and did I mention it's FAST?

I am in humble awe.

=- Craig the hobbiest HTML coder

I thank all of you for your comments, and am especially glad to hear that you are pleased with the look of the new site, Rick, though I don't know how deserving of that praise I've been
biggrin.gif

Like Rick said, there are a few last minute tweaks that need to be done, but they should be corrected very quickly.

I also want to publically thank Rick and John for being willing to work with me to get me better photo's of their products, for a time I felt like the Cookie Monster: "MORE PHOTO'S! MORE!", but looking at the results, it's easy to see why.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Spark: My apologies, as I reread my first post I neglected to mention that the web site indeed is well engineered, and very easy on the eyes. Solid work!

Rick: Those black blade MPF's look great! Are those just lighting tricks or are the knives coated? And thanks for recommending Scott Moore to me- I am awaiting my MPF anxiously!

gregc - The black A2 steel folder blades are indeed coated. We are using the latest Al Ti Nitride coating. Now that we have let the cat out of the bag, expect most other manufacturers to follow.

We are very pleased with the performance of this coating. The best I have seen to date, much better than Ti Carbo Nitride. The specs state 10X better performance.

Hope this helps.
Rick

I have worked as a web designer for a couple of high profile companies in the computer industry. I have several friends who still do. So it is with some real world experience that I say....

Well done Spark. Some very NICE work and slight of hand there. (thats a good thing
smile.gif
) I would not hesitate in ANY way to send anyone to Spark for web design.

Bubba tips his Stetson......

Outstanding! What else would you expect from a paratrooper! Can't wait for the MPK-SS.

-Greg

Spark: OUTSTANDING! I especially like the "In the News" layout. I too anxiously wait the MPK-SS!

Rick: Will the MPK-SS be offered with Al Ti Nitride coating too? Are they also to be made with A2 blades (although I note it says stainless but I can only hope there may be some coated A2 as well
smile.gif
<hint hint>). The text says to get our orders in fast... with whom? Please!

------------------
-=[Bob]=-

Bald is beautiful! Rub a dome for luck today!

[This message has been edited by bald1 (edited 12 January 1999).]

I'd love to have one of the little all steel models with the black coating, it should hold up to the kydex sheath pretty well, shouldn't it ?

Greg, Bald, and Brian, et.al.

Thanks for sticking in there with us on the Steel MPKs. They are almost done and will hopefully be shipping right after the SHOT show. The only "long-pole-in-the-tent" will again be the sheaths. We will be shipping these knives with Kydex, but the standard MPK Hytrel sheath will also be available.

Anyone read the new SOF article on the titanium MPK? Written by Don McLean, one of the best written articles I have seen in a long time! Some tongue-in-cheek...good reading.

Anyway, I might as well let the cat out of the bag since we are so close to production.... We will be producing steel MPKs in the standard 12" configuration, as well as a 10.5" version and a 9" version! So far, the feedback from a very few select group of people say that the 10.5" steel MPK is the best looking fixed blade that they have seen in a long while. The 10.5" version is my favorite also. The only thing I'm worried about is that we will probably sell them so fast, it might take a year or two before I can even own one :) Pictures soon...

Sincerely,
Rick

I had a very enjoyable conversation with John at Mission Knives this morning. He clarified my questions about the MPK. The steel will be A2 and will be available in plain edge and with serrations, coated and uncoated.

I look forward to handling a 10.5" MPK!!!

------------------
-=[Bob]=-

Thank you bald1,

Thanks for your kind words.....

John is a great guy, and probably the best thing that has happened to Mission in a long time.

Yes, the 10.5" steel MPK will be one HOT seller! Everyone that has commented on it says this is THE knife.

Rick

Rick,

I wholeheartedly agree! With John's guidance, I was able to secure a reservation for a plain edge, coated 10.5" A2 MPK. Your advice about moving quickly if we were interested in acquiring one of these new knives was right on target!

Thanks guys!

------------------
-=[Bob]=-

Back