Sneaky Pete

This isn't so much a review, but a quick shout out of appreciation and well-deserved praise. Andy Roy--you've got some serious skills. It's knife making excellence, and much like the name of one of your profiles, true "arete" (Greek for virtue) when it comes to your craft.

My Sneaky Pete feels like it was made for my hand; it's an absolute pleasure to hold and use. The edge geometry and retention is pretty ridiculous. Nothing I have/ have used comes close. It's gone from the kitchen, to the fire pit, to slicing up thick cardboard boxes effortlessly... and looked great doing it. If I didn't have six stitches in my left hand, I would have done more wood carving... but that will come soon enough, I'll remove them tomorrow, and be back at it soon! (Don't ask, a spell of 'stupid' came over me)

Having left behind the sharpened pry-bar style of knife has been the best knife-related decision I've made. I still like big knives; and the Forager Andy has headed my way soon will receive much love. But the Sneaky Pete has surprised and impressed me beyond expectation--I think Fiddleback Forge has ruined me for other knives. Now, between eyeing a Bushboot, and considering a Big Sneaky, I may have to sell all my other fixed blades to justify the new Fiddlebacks I want to pick-up.

And if there ever was to be a "Bigger Sneaky" with a 6" blade... well, let me just say "I'll take it" right now. :D

Thanks Andy, for being generous to a newbie, for making great knives, and thanks to the good folks in this subform.

--Anthony

And what good is a thread without pics:

2agw76t.jpg

Well that is just about my favorite kind of thread to read. I have always said that the SP has my most comfortable handle. Its like shaking hands with your knife. Post a review in some other spots to get a discount off your next direct purchase.

Glad to see a post like this, just goes to show what good work, love and effort Andy and his crew put into their work.

Great post, and lovely iteration of the SP! Haha, I like the idea of "bigger" sneaky (perhaps it could be called camp sneaky if it ever comes to fruition :D ).

Well that is just about my favorite kind of thread to read. I have always said that the SP has my most comfortable handle. Its like shaking hands with your knife. Post a review in some other spots to get a discount off your next direct purchase.

Andy, it would be my pleasure to do so. I posted a thread under reviews here on BF, and I'll post on FB as well (Knife Gods closed group) and a couple other Fiddleback related spots. Thanks again. Anthony

Back