So...any plans for a CF Police 3?

Planterz

Іди на хуй Путін!
Platinum Member
I'm definitely in the market for a Police 3 in G-10, even though it's 3 or 4 knives down the line (behind BM Kulgera, and UKPK, maybe in both black and orange). However, if it was available now in carbon fiber (especially smooth, although I wouldn't say no to a textured peel-ply ala Military), that knife would be first in line on my list.

I've always wanted a nice long Spyderco, but both the Military and the Manix have been too large in other dimensions. I've never owned a Police (I know, I know...I don't own a Buck 110 either); although I've always liked the looks, I don't like the cutting personality of the hollow ground swedged blade of the classic Police. But the P3 definitely fits my bill. Now just make one in CF please.:D

Imagine the price of that thing... CF is way too pricey for me. Now if the blade was laminated ZDP-189, that would be something :D Maybe STR could make you custom CF scales....?

Why carbon fiber? It has the same performance as G10, but is much more expensive. I don't need carbon fiber.
I would love to see a G-10 Superhawk.

"El Tigre"

I think the new police is just what I wanted all along. It's better than my old police models in several different ways. Making it a more expensive knife than it already is without really improving performance isn't really a good way to increase sales. Joe

I hope Mr Glesser reads this as well, the Perfect Police 3 would be one with CF slabs and BG-42 steel. Standing by to buy it! I have the G10 Police 3 and it is a great knife but could be alittle better.

RickJ

I can appreciate the use of carbon fiber on the Military, because the rigidity of the handle material makes the lock work better (liner locks need a stiff handle).
The Police 3, on the other hand, already has full steel liners and wouldn't see any benefit from the use of carbon fiber.
There are those who just like the material though.
The only way I would get a carbon fiber Police 3 is if it also had a ZDP-189 blade, thus giving a practical improvement over the standard model, and giving me a reason to buy one.
I'll get a Police 3 eventually, but even a hint of a ZDP version would have me jumping off the walls.

Why carbon fiber? It has the same performance as G10, but is much more expensive. I don't need carbon fiber.

I just like the way carbon fiber looks. The way the pattern dances around in the light. Ooo, pretty.

But yea, I'd also like to see ZDP, or some other sooperdooper steel. Not that there's anything wrong with VG-10, it's one of my favorites.

If I could wave a magic wand and convert all of my G10 handled knives to Canvas Micarta, I'd do it.

Back