So I got stuck with it again

Codger_64

A worker in the machine shop was admiring my UH knife and asked me to find one for her to give to her father for Christmas. "O.K." I said. "Cost you about twenty, but I need to be paid for it when I bring it to you." "Deal!"

Her father is Henry D. Martin, owner of the machine shop where I hibernate each winter. An Uncle Henry for Henry D.! I went back to the small town grocery/five & dime that used to be Freds and bought the last one they had for $18 and tax.

When I presented her with the knife, though, she had changed her mind. So I gave the new knife to my wife... she had been using a Pakastani POS as an edc. All I got out of the deal was the box and another family member toting a Schrade! :D

Codger A Schrade in hand is worth two on the shelf ;)

Shame on you for letting your wife carry a p.o.s.! ;) Sounds like she made out like a bandit.

Damn your lucky.
Wish my wife would settle for a UH as a present!
:footinmou
Larry

Grateful, she picked it up last weekend at a yard sale for a buck. Expensive at the price. We left it on the table beside our CNC last night hoping someone would take it, but it was still there this morning. I may put it on the coarse grinder and make a box saw out of it. As it is , it will hardly cut tape. :barf:

She was thrilled over the tiny UH, not so thrilled when she looked in my knife display case and saw another just like it! Lol! You think I would give away my only one? :D

Now, if I could find a pair for edc's for my two thirteen year olds. Remember when every kid carried a jackknife to school? And no one thought a thing of it? Mumbley peg was a recess favorite, marbles as the wager. And I don't remember anyone getting stuck, except that goofy Larry Williams who always lost! :p

Codger

Generations of America's kids grew up with Schrade

Codger_64 said:
Grateful, she picked it up last weekend at a yard sale for a buck. Expensive at the price. We left it on the table beside our CNC last night hoping someone would take it, but it was still there this morning. I may put it on the coarse grinder and make a box saw out of it. As it is , it will hardly cut tape. :barf:

She was thrilled over the tiny UH, not so thrilled when she looked in my knife display case and saw another just like it! Lol! You think I would give away my only one? :D

Now, if I could find a pair for edc's for my two thirteen year olds. Remember when every kid carried a jackknife to school? And no one thought a thing of it? Mumbley peg was a recess favorite, marbles as the wager. And I don't remember anyone getting stuck, except that goofy Larry Williams who always lost! :p

Codger

Generations of America's kids grew up with Schrade

Give away your only one? Im with you :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Ive had the same thing happen with my wife ;) )

None of my business fellers ( but that never stopped me before ). Get them whatever makes them happy a good wife is a lot harder to find than a good Schrade and worth a lot more than whatever it takes to make them happy. LT

Lt, So true!

Without them we'd all endup living in the woods, sleeping under the leaves and nawing on deer legs...

Hmmm, Sounds like a hunting camp.

TTYL
Larry.

Back