So...I took apart my twitch 2 and now I can't get it back together.

So yesterday I (for some stupid reason) I decided to halfway take apart my Twitch II for simple cleaning. I thought I could do this easily like one of my other knives which was easy to do. Well once I got the handle off the knife...somehow parts just kept coming off to the point where i just said "okay i'll take the rest apart" This was BAD decision! Found out that there were 21 parts! not including the ball bearing and small spring that I lost. I tried several times to put this back together, I know how to put it back together (of course missing the safety from the parts that I lost) but somehow the parts just dot fit. Somewhere along the way a part must have bent or something because there's gaps in the knife so I can't get everything put on such as the liner and handle back on. All besides the fact that I wiped the grease off soon realizing that I didn't have any here at home.

Could anybody help me? If I call SOG can they put it back together? I've heard that SOG's customer feedback isn't the quickest so I wasn't sure what to do. I don't know of any local knife shops that could to this for me. I wont be taking apart any knives soon...at least not assisted knives.

I had a similar experience with the Twitch 2 and can't get it back together. I was able to save the tiny spring and detent ball for the lock. I've disassembled/reassembled dozens of my knifes but this one got the best of me. The knife and parts have been in a ziplock bag for months because I don't want to pay SOG $20 plus shipping to reassemble a $40 knife. I can't find any YouTube videos on reassembling this knife. Does anyone know of any YouTube videos on reassembly of this knife or any other suggestion?

Wow, I have a twitch II in my pocket right now, and I never even thought of how advanced it was. Hex-holes always make me nervous, so I don't take apart things that make me use allen keys.

Thanks for this old thread. I was just about to take my Twitch II apart for cleaning and thought I'd read up on it a bit. So glad I did. I'll leave this project for some weekend when I'm snowed in.

Back