So, I want a large axis folder without a recurve

I am on vacation this week and I have way, way, way to much time to think about knives. My much loved 710 has been following me around and it has got me to thinking that I want a non recurve large folder. Blade should be as long as the 710's or longer. What would you guys recommend?

Unfortunately you don't have many choices . The only BM AXIS knife currently in production that's at or near 4" is the Contego at 3.98".

Although discontinued, you can still find the Onslaught at 4.28" at many places.

Oh, and the Bedlam at 4" can still be found at a few places.

Last edited:
The 610 Ruckus is the answer to your yearning.
There's also the 806, 805, 13100. :)

Last edited:
The 610 Ruckus is the answer to your yearning.
There's also the 806, 805, 13100. :)

I completely agree, especially with the Rukus but unfortunately all those models are discontinued and not exactly easy to obtain unless you pay premium secondary market prices.

That's why I get so frustrated with BM sometimes. All my favorite models are discontinued and they are all in that 4" range I prefer. .

Of course they throw us the occasional LE AFCK run from time to time but even then can be hard to get....

Last edited:
To me, 805/806 are the "stretch" versions of the 710-- w/o the recurve. Love 'em. 806s show up regularly, 805s less so.

Love my adamas, but the handle is very thick. If you are looking at a contego you may also want to check out the rift. The contego really only has a slightly larger blade and removes the lanyard hole that the Rift has. The Rift also has the sweet multi layer g10...

Wow! Finally back in wifi land! Went to Fall Creek Falls today and had a blast. Was also gone from home for 11 hours! I am finally seated my big comfortable chair and I now have the time to look at this thread.

I had been looking at the Contego but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing an other knife. I already have a Rift and a 940 so, in a way, I was thinking about getting the whole family. I usually like my knives long and lean. But for some reason I do really like the Contego but it is unlike any other knife I own in that size range. (Note: I mentioned before that I have a 710 but I also have a Spyderco Military.)

Wow! Finally back in wifi land! Went to Fall Creek Falls today and had a blast. Was also gone from home for 11 hours! I am finally seated my big comfortable chair and I now have the time to look at this thread.

I had been looking at the Contego but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing an other knife. I already have a Rift and a 940 so, in a way, I was thinking about getting the whole family. I usually like my knives long and lean. But for some reason I do really like the Contego but it is unlike any other knife I own in that size range. (Note: I mentioned before that I have a 710 but I also have a Spyderco Military.)

Check out the 805....i picked one up about 2 months ago brand new and love it. rides a little high in the pocket but the handle feels great and i like the size of the blade.

Back