So...what's up?

hey all,

long time no see...which is my fault, tbf.

I wandered away from the knife world without really even knowing I was doing it to start with. It was for a lot of reasons but mostly I just got busy, poorer and stressed out.

Fortunately, I noticed my "packknife" - the JK Iris - had a slightly bent tip and thought about this forum and John and realized all in a moment how long it had been. Seemed like a very short time, until that moment.

So, signing in again I find I've missed a lot, both good and bad, and I can only apologise for being so absent. if it helps, I've had hardly any fun and it's mostly just....work. in lieu of making a good apology I thought I'd share some Jk knives pictures and hope everyone just kind of... forgives that?

let's try

JK iris, which has travelled in my backpack everywhere, I still have a habit of liking smaller knives with strong points, Iris still fits my hand just this slide of too small and I love having it around. If I ever do need an 'end of the world knife" I'd probably still be stuck with this one because it's the one Im most likely to have on me at any time.

0eh4HFB.jpg

z1wBCDg.jpg

finding out Jk knives has closed it's door's, which is very sad, but this bent tip won't stop this particular Jk knife from being out in the world, doing its job, promise. not sure if it's even noticeable here tho
1YfRmGC.jpg

Here's how it looked new BTW
T82M0Af.jpg

it remains a pretty package with its custom sheath
EeAw6nR.jpg

more knives?

Jk friction folder remains unused, not my style, but I always wanted and had to keep the JK folder, of course
0CrVhFp.jpg

JK Tool is still around too, the leatherman is not
5HGqBvE.jpg

Toby;s knife, and the Swayback before and now, I fear losing the Toby too much so it lives in the safe now, the swayback still feels great in hand but never seems to get used
2TeODsg.jpg

SMsjxgr.jpg

cZ4VGu0.jpg

Jk pooka is the only pocket fixed blade I trust, obvi, and I still like it. Decided to force a patina on it at the same time today bc I noticed some brass discolouring and didn't want the same thing to happen to the steel, tbh
ZkoIW0u.jpg

I do miss and regret not keeping a few of the other models around sometimes, memory lane is fun tho, and I hope they did well out there
gpZp3tL.jpg

YGjj9yQ.jpg

Ivcn16G.jpg

uxcliXU.jpg

UzvWtKZ.jpg

Anyway, despite being a shit and disappearing, I wanted to let yall know being here meant a lot to me, still does, and I still use what I learned and enjoy thinking back on every conversation, picture, Gathering, knife and friend I found here.

I wish you all well, and hope to see you around, and half expect to run into yall every time I sit down at a computer screen, even if I do forget to come to the one place I know you're at (for way too long.)

much love, and thanks, yall are the best imo
QWRUERq.jpg

Hi Peter,

Good to see you posting! Hope everyone is good on your end. Weren't you doing some mod work or something way back? I miss seeing that stuff!

Welcome back! Quite a nice stable of blades you got there. :cool:
🔥 🦾
hard to believe this is the shrunk-down version, lol, thanks, rob
You’ve owned a lot of great knives! The iris looks like a great companion. Welcome back!
it ahs been, thanks, Nature
Hello Peter!
hey john
Hell, never too late to say hello.hope you are well. Thanks for the pics.
hello, welcome
Welcome back. KYenglish KYenglish I love my Pooka, it's still in my sig.
❤️
Good to see you back, and cool to see some older JK's!
I feel old now, lol
Thanks for all the pics, it has made my week enjoyable.
glad to hear it, thanks, cbatch
Hi Peter,

Good to see you posting! Hope everyone is good on your end. Weren't you doing some mod work or something way back? I miss seeing that stuff!
I did, mostly handles, been a minute tho, I miss doing it tbh and seeing your own work to, thanks, glen

Hey Peter -

I was hoping that by tagging folks that if they logged in they would notice.

Good to see you are still around.

I come up to Owensboro often as my Father lives there now. He sold his house in Illinois shortly after Maggie and I sold our house and moved to south central Tennessee three years ago.

Are you still in Kentucky? Is your wife still writing books etc? I bet the kids are a bit older now, probably driving!

Again, good to see you are still kicking. If you wanted to reminisce, you can go to iammoon.com/albums and scroll down to JK Gatherings - lots of fun documented there.

best

mqqn

Back