So who are you cheering for????

But congratulations to the Buckeyes on their meaningless Rose Bowl victory.

And maybe to the Longhorns if their anticipated and equally meaningless win in the Sugar Bowl pans out.

But especially to Bevo for his decisive and totally meaningful victory in the Battle of the Mascots:

Let's see a Buckeye do that!

Roll Tide in 2019.

The Death star keeps blasting away!

Roll Tide, again!

I haven’t watched a football game in years. I know I haven’t since we have been stationed in Puerto Rico and don’t recall watching much in Nebraska before that

As an SEC fan, I rooted hard for Clemson. Watching Saban get one step closer to an aneurysm was well worth it. Last night was an old fashioned butt kicking.

Why did Alabama name their team after a poison algae bloom?

Stolen from somewhere else:

The Crimson Tide
Early newspaper accounts of the university's football squad simply referred to them as the "varsity" or the "Crimson White". The first nickname popular with the media was the "Thin Red Line", which was used until 1906. Hugh Roberts, former sports editor of the Birmingham Age-Herald, is credited with coining the phrase "Crimson Tide" in an article describing the 1907 Iron Bowl played in Birmingham with Auburn a heavy favorite to win. The game was played in a sea of red mud which stained the Alabama white jerseys crimson. The headline for the article was "Crimson Tied", referring to the 6-6 tie Alabama had with Auburn, who had been heavily favored before the game.

Even though I had my doubt about Bama winning this one, I really thought it would be a good/close game, but hell naw. I’m not that much of a fan but being there for it was pretty fun. I can’t imagin the teams trip back to Tuscaloosa can’t help but wonder if Saban yelled at them the whole way back.

Even though I had my doubt about Bama winning this one, I really thought it would be a good/close game, but hell naw. I’m not that much of a fan but being there for it was pretty fun. I can’t imagin the teams trip back to Tuscaloosa can’t help but wonder if Saban yelled at them the whole way back.

In this case, I doubt it. More like, "what have I been trying to tell y'all"

As a Buckeye's devote' it's pretty obvious how I feel about it - really didn't give 2 shtz! But resigned to the fact they both couldn't lose, I had to pull for for the Tigers! and let me tell ya, I was hootin and hollerin everytime they got smacked, beat, boned and generally OWNED! The real joy I get from that is when they get so cocky someone eventually brings up this fantasy "Bama' could beat some NFL teams" ~ that is the pinnacle of arrogance and complacency. In the 4thQ I was reminiscing the title line of a song, "Shave em Dry" by Asylum Street Spankers - look it up at your own risk :eek:

Stolen from somewhere else:

The Crimson Tide
Early newspaper accounts of the university's football squad simply referred to them as the "varsity" or the "Crimson White". The first nickname popular with the media was the "Thin Red Line", which was used until 1906. Hugh Roberts, former sports editor of the Birmingham Age-Herald, is credited with coining the phrase "Crimson Tide" in an article describing the 1907 Iron Bowl played in Birmingham with Auburn a heavy favorite to win. The game was played in a sea of red mud which stained the Alabama white jerseys crimson. The headline for the article was "Crimson Tied", referring to the 6-6 tie Alabama had with Auburn, who had been heavily favored before the game.

Yeah, but anybody can write anything on Wikipedia. I'm sticking with the poison algae.

As long as Trevor Lawrence is around, Clemson will be the favorites. That kid is truly amazing.

Back