So you want more pics of the Seal XR?

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by digitalaaron, Apr 16, 2019.

1. digitalaaron

digitalaaron

Dec 2, 2018
    Ok, sorry for the title. I don't actually possess any pictures of the new model myself, but I found a new product page on SOG's website today that has the Seal XR prominently in the background.

The product page is actually for a new (?) SOG x ARES dive watch. The watch looks pretty sweet, but looks like it will be $695 when they start selling them.

https://www.sogknives.com/type/gear/ares-watch.html

2. dano

dano

Oct 3, 1998
    digitalaaron likes this.
  3. Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

d762nato likes this.
  5. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    Is there jimping on the handles ?:D Not sure if that is overkill or not but I do like the knife ...

6. CelticCross74

CelticCross74 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 14, 2013
    The SEAL XR's stainless liners seem to have nothing but jimping around both liners completely. Reminds me of the jimping on the standard issue 810 Contego. The XR lock is actually very good. Just got the Terminus XR in carbon fiber just to test the waters of these new SOGS especially the XR lock. The Terminus XR is one of the nicest pocket folders I have seen in a long time. The XR lock as predicted works just like the AXIS lock. The lock bar seems a good thickness in my small Terminus XR. I wonder if the lock bar in the new SEAL XR is as thick or thicker.

7. SW-EDC

SW-EDC Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 4, 2015
    I like it, just not into 4" folders. I went with the Terminus XR.
    Tested by special forces as well according to SOG and I love D2.