SOB, Where does it fit?

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by EVERETTJOHN, Feb 18, 2015.

1. EVERETTJOHN

EVERETTJOHN

May 25, 2014
    What is the SOB best at, camp , skinner, food prep, tactical ?

2. crglisson

crglisson

Oct 7, 2013
    My vote would be all of the above....Use that SOB for everything you can!!

3. Tom Kanik

Tom Kanik

Mar 18, 2003
    ^^^^ There you go!;):thumbup:

4. AValenz

AValenz Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 17, 2011
    I think you should tell us. Take it through its paces and see what it excels at. PICTURES TO!

5. EVERETTJOHN

EVERETTJOHN

May 25, 2014
    I don't own one, but was thinking maybe I might pick one up. Would be using as general all around knife.

6. JohnM

JohnM

Oct 22, 2005
    Mine has black micarta and black spacers -- a great do-it-all blade and very comfortable in hand. Long enough to be useful for food prep but beefy enough to handle tougher jobs. Great knife. If you get one, I recommend the spacers, you'll like it even more.

7. ZanMartin

ZanMartin

Apr 23, 2013
    Its has become my favorite. Not too big not too small. I think it would perform all those great unless you're trying to baton/split large logs with it while camping. I teamed mine up with a RMJ Heavy Woods Hawk anything it would have trouble with. the hawk can cover. I know I say this every time I talk about the sob but its got to be the most comfortable grip on a knife I own. Love the belly it has.

8. W.E.S.T

W.E.S.T

Sep 24, 2014
    The SOB fits between the AMS and BOSS Jack. :cool:

9. Hindsight

Hindsight Moderator Moderator

Dec 8, 2011
    The SOB is a great all around blade. Get one and you will love it.

10. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Or try an AMS.
    rolf

11. rexromic

rexromic Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2011
    Thanks for the answer.Thinking to get my first Busse and use for general camping duties,hiking..
    That SOB looks good and I hope will replace my GSO 5.1 and Fallkniven F1 as a everyday fixed blade.

12. JohnM

JohnM

Oct 22, 2005
    :thumbup: Perfect use rexromic. Small enough to carry and be handy. Long and stout enough to be useful.

13. inspector-callahan

inspector-callahan

Oct 31, 2011
    I would agree, the SOB fits that role just perfectly. It would be the perfect pack knife for general duties. I liked the original design in the limited run comp finish so much, that I have about three more than I need!:D

[​IMG]

IC

14. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    The SOB will fit all of these roles very well. Good ergonomics and very comfortable to carry.

Garth

15. EVERETTJOHN

EVERETTJOHN

May 25, 2014
    Let me know if you ever decide to part with one. I can provide a loving home in which she would be well taken care of.................

16. RobStanley

RobStanley Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2006
    The only thing it isn't is a chopper. That said, I reckon you could wail on some wood with it and it'll do fine.

17. Noxious Fumes

Noxious Fumes

Sep 7, 2011
    Where does it fit in?..... In brief ...... Anywhere you need it to:D:thumbup:

18. Maggot Brain

Maggot Brain Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 11, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Limpy88

Limpy88

Aug 4, 2012
    It fits very well in my hand. More so than any other busse. if I only had one busse. this would be it. It really doest chop that well. I tried it on a small branch. but thats ok. Does everything else better than a chopper.

20. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Definitely top of my favorite Busse/Kin list ! Just a great all around knife, feels great in the hand, easy to carry. Well worth it IMHO I've got a couple of these and still want more lol. Think that's the INFI talking lol.