SOG Collector's Website aka database

Hi Mark,

As for the sterile bowie i did make some fast pictures of it just to show it really exists :) (I polished the hand guard myself unfortunately it was in used condition when I bought it, it came also with the original box)

0b11_3.jpg

DSC01029.jpg

DSC01030.jpg

DSC01031.jpg

DSC01032.jpg

DSC01033.jpg

DSC01038.jpg

Cheers

I know that knife quite well. I used to own it. Did you notice the extra rivets on the sheath? That is one SOG bowie that has done some traveling :)

Here is a picture I took before selling it. One solid working blade. I also have another of the "sterile" model bowie but its a safe queen. That one you have was a user for me and worked quite well :)

Bowie2.jpg

Dan

Hi Dan :)

Your ex knife is in good hands :) yes i noticed the rivets because i have another new sheet that is allready broken only because of taken out the knife a couple of times :) a cool working mod (your knife travelled now to the netherlands :D)

Appels

Last edited:
Wow Appels and Dan, that is one rarely seen SOG! And the blade looks quite minty too! I did some digging and to confirm what I think I read before, yes, :)o) SOG did produce a sterile version of the S1 Bowie. Like the Trident S2, a sterile option was an option as some people didn't like to pose as SF personnel.

The bluing on your knife looks so deep and blue! Looks like we'll be busy for a while updating our pages! :D

Cheers,
Mark ;)
SOG Knives Collectors

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your comment :) i have several pictures of my collection that i'll post soon, you'll be busy updating your site.

Have a good one :cool:

Appels

"... sterile option was an option as some people didn't like to pose as SF personnel..."
which would also make it perfectly suited for black ops.
but i can't confirm or deny this...

btw, a lovely example of the SOG Recondo Black Tini "appels"!

"... sterile option was an option as some people didn't like to pose as SF personnel..."
which would also make it perfectly suited for black ops.
but i can't confirm or deny this...

btw, a lovely example of the SOG Recondo Black Tini "appels"!

That is something we cannot confirm too. There are quite a lot of "sterile SF equipment" being produced, like the Luminox tritium watches and Busse military run knives, etc. Bear in mind about the "my product is being used by Special Forces" sales hype though.

But what we do know is that SOG did produce sterile S1 Bowies and S2 Tridents. Says so in black and white from SOG materials. My guess is that some people don't want to use/carry things and be accused of posing as special forces when in fact they aren't.

Cheers,
Mark ;)
SOG Knives Collectors

Mark, you've done an excellent job on the data base!

Feel free to use any of my pics of the SOG Agency, I also have a couple S1 Bowies and a SCUBA/DEMO but you seem to have plenty of Great pics of those already.

001-14.jpg

002-13.jpg

003-10.jpg

004-10.jpg

After a couple modifications and use,

004-15.jpg

001-24.jpg

002-22.jpg

003-19.jpg

John O I've seen your nice Agency pics! Like the rest of the pictures here it will have to wait a while as we are trying to catch up on new happenings and upload more stuff. As of yesterday I did a "to-do" list for our website and we have 5-6 things on the list already!

Thanks so much for your kind words. It's such comments that give us the motivation to continue upgrading the website! :thumbup: (As you know some people "burn out" from doing such a project and eventually give up on a website/blog).

This thread surpassed the 1000th view count mark today!

Cheers,
Mark ;)
SOG Knives Collectors

I felt compelled to bump this one back to the top, getting tired of the negative threads.

Agreed. If they had only done some research on the company and the products quite a lot of information could have surfaced. There is a whole ARCHIVE on the SOG forum here back to the very very first post. There was a Gov-Tac that broke in Netherlands and SOG promptly replaced it. That was where the person affected showed us some sad pictures of a broken SOG and a polite request to us here and Chris for advice. Chris@SOG helped him all the way.

Back to the original topic, Seki Japan oldie SOGs are still the best! Never ever heard of an old Seki SOG breaking nor a Tomcat failing. Solid stuff those big things. :thumbup:

A quick note:

Thanks to the fellow SOG collector that pointed out the mistakes on our website with regard to the X-42 Recondo:

1. The SOG X-42 Recondo (in BG-42 steel) has a claimed/manufacturer Rc. of 62-64, not 60-62 as originally stated. SOG initially aimed for Rc. 62, but eventually settled for Rc. 60.
2. Regarding the Country of Origin, the Recondo was not made in Japan, but was rather produced in USA, then later "Assembled in USA".

Other changes made that we discovered (added these information too):
3. There were powder-coated versions of the Recondo, not just the stock satin-finished model.

Also thanks to appels, we finally managed to complete our Desert Dagger (Leather) knife profile with the pictures he provided in this thread. :thumbup:

Great site. Valuable resource for SOG owners/collectors. Thanks for putting in the work, great job.

Back