SOG customer support

Though it's only a lowly Blink, it's become my favorite every day carry knife, so when the safety detent malfunctioned I was a bit bummed.

I'm pleased to report that SOG customer service and support was second to none, from the time I e-mailed customer support to the time I received the knife back in the mail. They installed a new lockbar pivot and safety ball, cleaned and lubed it, sharpened it, loctited the screws, buffed the ricasso, and returned it in jig time. They treated it as if it were a $200.00 knife.

Yup, I'm sold on SOG.

Good to hear. The only time I dealt with them was when I had a steel question which they answered quickly and professionally.

Well, although this is an old thread, my experience with the SOG's customer serivce has been nothing but total frustration.
They don't answer the phone period. You leave a message, they might or might not get back to you in 2-3 days. Send them email?... same thing.
I had a 2 week old SOG Vision and somehow (I don't know how and when since I am not heavy knife user at all. Am just a hobbyist), I managed to break the first tip of the serration. Had sent it in with $35.00 check just in case the warranty doesn't cover it... As of today, it's been 2 weeks yet no status of any kinds.

Update:
A few days ago, I was able to contact the SOG warranty support and had a chance to talk to Giovanni. The warranty department determined that the original knife I had a thinner serration than the spec so they decided to give me a replacement blade for free of charge. They were honest and very professional when you talk to them. I hope they find a better way to communicate with their customers since no customers like to be left in the dark; like upon receipt of the knife, send a confirmation email and estimated time to repair...

Last edited:
I sent my Aegis in a couple weeks ago, they've had it for about a week but I haven't heard anything from them, so I emailed them yesterday and got no reply. I'm going to wait til mid week next week before calling but I'll admit being a little concerned.

Typically repairs/warranty only takes a week but we have had a busy last couple weeks here and are running a little behind. I would say that we should be caught up by the end of the month if not sooner. If you do have a question about your warranty please contact the warranty department directly at warranty@sogknives.com or 425-771-6230 x229.

Typically repairs/warranty only takes a week but we have had a busy last couple weeks here and are running a little behind. I would say that we should be caught up by the end of the month if not sooner. If you do have a question about your warranty please contact the warranty department directly at warranty@sogknives.com or 425-771-6230 x229.

Hey Chris thanks for the heads up on that! I really have no problem with waiting, it's when I don't hear anything at all that I get really concerned.

To anyone who cares,

I bought a Flash II, Trident (SAT) and Tomcat among other SOG products in the past 3 years. The Flash II, Trident and Tomcat all broke within a couple of months of me getting them. They all broke as I opened them. They were all repaired quickly and the Trident was replaced the third time it broke. All of this happened within about 1 year’s timeframe. I have dates recorded. After the Flash and Trident problems I wasn’t going to ever buy another SOG folding knife. Lindsay who used to be in their warranty/repair dept. praised the arc-lock knives so I bought a Tomcat. After it broke I was completely FED UP. The only good thing I could say about SOG folding knives was they are repaired quickly. That’s not a very good compliment for any company’s product. But it was true. I sent them a page long email about the problems I had without a reply. I would have thought an “I’m sorry” reply would have been nice but not to worry.

As for now they have satisfied me since all knives have worked great since my problems. I’m pondering a Vulcan-mini or Visionary I at the moment. I am saying all this in support of SOG. However, if I have any more problems I’ll speak up as well. I only got on this forum this morning to see what kind of experiences others have had with SOG since I’m thinking about another purchase. Every product is going to have a certain number of failures. If most people who bought SOG folders had the same problems I had they couldn’t sell very many because of word of mouth. That doesn’t seem to be the case. I hope I just had a run of bad luck.

Their multi-tools are totally great. I have a PowerLock and PowerAssist. Both are great. I don’t use the PowerAssist because the knife blades don’t feel as durable as I’d like but for normal tasks I’m sure they are fine. Since I always have a better knife in pocket I carry the PowerLock. More items in tool also.

That’s my story for what it’s worth.

Jack

Jack, thanks for sharing - how quickly were your repairs done? I ask because my Aegis has been in their warranty dept. for 3 weeks now and I have not heard a single peep from them. However, I understand from Chris that they are backed up right now and should be back on track by the end of the month. I'm encouraged to hear that javax was able to get his warranty claim taken care of so I'm hoping mine is not too far behind....

Jack, thanks for sharing - how quickly were your repairs done? I ask because my Aegis has been in their warranty dept. for 3 weeks now and I have not heard a single peep from them. However, I understand from Chris that they are backed up right now and should be back on track by the end of the month. I'm encouraged to hear that javax was able to get his warranty claim taken care of so I'm hoping mine is not too far behind....

SOG had my knives for a max of 3 days each time. They may not have been busy at the time. Keep trying, I think they'll make you happy. If not, we'll get Guido, the killer pimp sicked on them for retrobution. (line from a movie)

Jack

SOG had my knives for a max of 3 days each time. They may not have been busy at the time. Keep trying, I think they'll make you happy. If not, we'll get Guido, the killer pimp sicked on them for retrobution. (line from a movie)

Jack

Yeah, sounds like they're just busy this month - I'm eyeing a Vulcan tanto but I want to see how this warranty issue is resolved first. Thanks for replying :)

I got a e-mail from Giovanni back at the end of August and never got a reply again to my question. I repeated the e-mail last Sunday, I'll see if I hear from them again. Back in March of this year I got replies straight off, but after that nothing much.

I have a SOG Flash II, broke the clip. 1 email and about 3 days later, I got a three pack of clips free of charge.

I had a great experience with SOG customer service on an old Auto Clip I sent in for rebuilding. They did great and I think it only took a couple weeks to basically rebuild the whole knife as it was pretty trashed in a motorcycle accident.

Well after a few weeks and a bunch of e-mails I'm getting the parts to fix up 5 Twitch II's. Best part is I didn't pay anything for the knives and I'm getting the parts the same way.

Back