SOG-Kiku Matsuda collaboration - any updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nothing but deep respect for Japanese blades, as I own numerous excellent samples of them. I also have high regard for SOG. I simple can't fathom why such great talent should combine and result in a blade profile like this knife?
What is the logic behind the profile exactly? The waves on the back of the blade? I mean, cost is never an issue if there's a basis for the silhouette. Chris ?

OU-31. There is a .pdf around, which you can find by searching bladeforums, but it does not give technical details. But suffice to say that Kiku Matsuda prefers it.
Actually, I do think that those "super" japanese steels (R2, SRS15, YXR7, OU-31...) are great by many aspexts(see ZDP189 in recent spydercos) but they remain pretty exotic and very expensive.

i have a kiku full contact, and a kiku traditional tanto. both beautifull knives. not made for chopping. just for killing. they are safe queens.(no one to kill)

What is the logic behind the profile exactly? The waves on the back of the blade? I mean, cost is never an issue if there's a basis for the silhouette.
The waves are a SOG design element, from the first SOG bowies.

Img874.jpg

KM-60 Kiku Kozuka-L
Kozuka is a tiny knife concealed in the scabbard of Katana. 5-1/2 inch slim blade, but sturdy 4.0mm thick OU-31 in 150g weight. Black G-10 handle with thumb notches. OU-31 blade in 4.0mm thick. 135mm blade and 245mm overall length. 150g weight

JKD Special $315.00 SOLD OUT

see that? SOLD OUT? that means me. :D It'll probably arrive on Monday. It would probably have arrived today but yesterday was a public holiday - Womens Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back