Sog Megafolder

MM

I remember reading somewhere (Knifeforums?) that SOG was coming out with a megafolder. I think it was based on the Pentagon. Am I remembering correctly? If so, when? What blade length? What type of steel? What handle material? 6" blade of epoxy coated M-2 and G10 handles would be awesome.

------------------
Megafolder Fans Unite!

Mike Melone

"Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. " Psalm 144:1
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." Thomas Jefferson

Hi Mike,

Yes, SOG has a megafolder on the way. It is called the Pentagon Elite 2; a big brother to the Pentagon Elite. Check it out on our website.

Steel: AUS8, bead blasted
Blade Length: 5"
Handle Material: Zytel
Lock: ArcLock
Clip: Reversable
MSRP: $99.95
Release Date: Summer '00 (est.)

I've had the chance to play with the prototype...SWEET! And, yes, I have my order in for one! I can't wait.

Ron@SOG

------------------
Email: ron@sogknives.com

[This message has been edited by Ron@SOG (edited 03-25-2000).]

It sounds like you guys are moving in the right direction. This seems like a good knife for when I don't want to carry my Sifu.

Now, what chance is there of something longer, 6"+? Us megafolder fans are hoping someone (other than Cold Steel) will step up and take the challenge.

------------------
Megafolder Fans Unite!

Mike Melone

"Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. " Psalm 144:1
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." Thomas Jefferson

Hi Ron, and welcome to the forums. I'm glad to see SOG pushing into bolder territory with the new megafolder. I haven't handled any of SOG's newer folders and was wondering if those modified tips on the Pentagon Elite and Elite II are double edged? In Texas, even the slightest length of sharpend back edge is unfortunately considered a 'dagger', and I was wanting to be prepared to possibly grind off the back edge when I get mine.
Also, do the new variations of the Vision and the fixedblade Recondo have a sharpend back edge? It's hard to tell from pictures.

Thanks,
Ken

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the question. None of our non-daggers are double edged; the false edges are not sharpened. But several of our knives tips are sharpened on the false side of just the tip. But we are only talking no more than an 1/8". Examples are the Pentagon Elite and JetEdge.

The Vision and Recondo do not have sharpened false edges.

Hope this helps.

Ron@SOG

------------------
Email: ron@sogknives.com

[This message has been edited by Ron@SOG (edited 03-27-2000).]

Hi Ron,
Yes, that pretty much answers my question. Looks like I'll be grinding a little off the back of the Elite II megafolder when I get mine.
But I won't have to worry about the Recondo
smile.gif

Thanks,
Ken

Back