SOG New version of the Vietnam S1/2.0 Bowie! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT ?!

You should see the disaster of product the SOG new owner (GSM Outdoor) (aquisition made in Dec 2021) have made....
Piss pour made in china crap : (refer to pictures)
So BADLY made that i suspect they are coming from another country like Pakistan...

Theses a BRAND NEW ones
See the black PAINT finition easily scratched
See the TREMEDOUS white spacers
See the Guard Shape
See the Blade Grind
See the OVERALL finition...............................

We sadly live in a world where craftmanship definition mean nothing anymore.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l960.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

These have to be counterfeit, right? I found the source of the above pictures (eBay), and it’s the only one like it. Can’t find any other pictures of the 2.0 Bowie that come even close to those.

Do you have any more information about these that lead you to believe they are current production?

I asked the seller about the origin of the questionable knives OP posted. They said they have no idea, that they bought them at a yard sale and are willing to go way lower on price. I think it’s safe to say they are counterfeit, not new production.

I asked the seller about the origin of the questionable knives OP posted. They said they have no idea, that they bought them at a yard sale and are willing to go way lower on price. I think it’s safe to say they are counterfeit, not new production.
I have been able to have one auction closed
the 2th and last one , the seller refuse to cooperate...
I have filed a report with ebay (report this item) just above the item number # 166301749927
would be nice if somes members would do it also.

Looks to me like EBay removed item 166301749927 from their listings.

In March this year I posted that there is a company using the brand "Survival Inn" that is flooding Ebay with copies of SOG knives made in Pakistan from D2 (alleged). These include copies of the old Seki knives, newer SOG knives and even Hattori versions. Some knives are marked Survival Inn, while others are marked SOG and clearly counterfeit products. Their products have only increased in the last 6 months.

My rule of thumb is to never buy any current production knife off Ebay. The small amount of money saved is not worth the risk and hassle.
There are times when regular dealers do not have the inventory and Ebay may be the only source, but in that case one must know that knife model
inside out and backwards to ensure it's not a counterfeit.
The same applies to discontinued models, it requires a lot of research and study, and BF is a good source of information.

Last edited:
Looks to me like EBay removed item 166301749927 from their listings.

In March this year I posted that there is a company using the brand "Survival Inn" that is flooding Ebay with copies of SOG knives made in Pakistan from D2 (alleged). These include copies of the old Seki knives, newer SOG knives and even Hattori versions. Some knives are marked Survival Inn, while others are marked SOG and clearly counterfeit products. Their products have only increased in the last 6 months.

My rule of thumb is to never buy any current production knife off Ebay. The small amount of money saved is not worth the risk and hassle.
There are times when regular dealers do not have the inventory and Ebay may be the only source, but in that case one must know that knife model
inside out and backwards to ensure it's not a counterfeit.
The same applies to discontinued models, it requires a lot of research and study, and BF is a good source of information.
Apparently buyers who paid for theses "Sog Survival Inn" are all dissapointed because they are not received what it is pictured in the sales/auction.
Not surprised...

I know what the original look like
I will not buy them from another country than USA

Now GSM own the SOG company , theses old genuine SOG (Seki and even Taiwan ones) sell like hot potatoes , grow in price and become scarces now in 2024

Unbelivable ,

Someone bought the china or pakistan (most likely) picture on the top of the thread for +200 on amazon
he was pissed when he received it but it dont look like he returned/asked a refund for it.... unbeliable ...

Back