SOG Night Vision.. Boy Oh Boy!!

Hey Guys....

I just got a big box of stuff from Ron@SOG..

After carefully going through everything I come to this Nite Vision
folder....

http://www.sogknives.com/nightvis.htm

At first I took it out and placed it on my desk as I fondled the Scuba Demo.. Real decent blade..Quite impressed..

So then I pick the Nite vision back up and start to look it over.. G-10 scales, Arc Lock, nicely weighted, and

Finally a company who pays attention to their customers....
Clip positioned so the blade is Tip Up like god intended them to be and reversible...

At first the clip looked somewhat fragile,,but not this one.. Its a skeletonized clip,, but man is it ever strong and springy...

I've seen many clips on knives,, and some of them make me cringe..This is a good clip...

I've also handled many SOGS before..Mostly the Seal 2000, Seal Pup , Pentagon, Trident,,Actually most all of their fixed blades, but this would be my first folder...

What I don't understand is why this knife doesn't have more of a following around here..You guys are missing out on a truely Impressive blade...

It is one heck of a solidly built knife,,and the blade shape makes this thing look really wicked..Really nice lines..

I like the ARC lock now better than I do the Axis..
I find the Axis a little to on the weakish springs side,,where the ARC feels solid and tight.. (Although A Lock Flip is easier to proform on an Axis)

By far one of the most comfortable folders I've held...

Sure beats several of the bigger brand names that are in my lock up..

Unfortunately I can't play with it the way I would like to,,but this is one knife that will be moving to the top of the list,,and will seriously be my next folder purchase...

If you guys are looking for a solid, well made folder , look into a Nite Vision,, I'm sure you'll like it as much as I do....

Good job SOG..

ttyle

Eric...

Originally posted by Normark
What I don't understand is why this knife doesn't have more of a following around here..You guys are missing out on a truely Impressive blade...

If you guys are looking for a solid, well made folder , look into a Nite Vision,, I'm sure you'll like it as much as I do....
Yup.

I have the Night Vision, as well as the regular titanium version.
I really like them, and I am not a Tanto fan!!!
I have sent the Vision blade and liners out to Bodycote for BC coating: I can't wait!!!:D :D :D

Your absolutely right, it is a great knife.

Normark, could you please e-mail me. I've sent several e-mails, but I don't think they are reaching you. Maybe it's my P.C.

Thanks bud.

I would have bought the ti Vision model (called the X - Ray Vision, if I'm not mistaken) if it had been available in plain edge. I just hate combo edges. If a plain edge version comes out, I'm going to snap it up immediately.

Agreed Nathan! The fact that a plain edge version is not available is enough to keep me away from these fine blades. Grinds are awesome and the blade design really catches the eye. An upgraded steel might also attract more attention as these are expensive blades.

Hey Nathan,

The titanium Vision is called the SOG Vision. The Night Vision has G-10 scales and has very recently been discontinued. The X-Ray Vision has Zytel handles with a beadblasted blade (and retails for almost half of the other two).

SOG made a very small number (12) of fully straight Visions (all three models) and just can't sell them. We've advertised them here in the SOG Forum SOG Forum. If you are interested, they're still available.

Thanks for the info, Ron. I'm definitely interested in the plain edge ti Vision. How would I go about ordering? Can I do it via internet, or do I have to use the phone number (not the toll free one, obviously, which is only valid for the USA) listed on your link?

Back