1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOG patches non-existent?

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by Cut_my_finger_again, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Cut_my_finger_again

Cut_my_finger_again Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 22, 2018
    First time posting, so please bear with me. I have been collecting knife brand patches for a while now and am having absolutely no luck finding a SOG patch, other than the Vietnam org patches. Thanks for your service to all who have served or are currently serving. Any idea where I can look??

Thanks in advance, CMFA

2. GIRLYmann

GIRLYmann

Nov 7, 2005
    No idea where one might find sog knives limited promotional patches
    Which had largely been complimentry...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    The Whip likes this.
  3. Cut_my_finger_again

Oct 22, 2018
    Thanks for the reply GIRLYmann. Yeah, I recently contacted SOG and was told about the promotional patches and that they don't produce patches regularly. That being said, these are the first patches I have seen and they are pretty damn impressive and look pristine. How did you aquire them if you don't mind me asking? I own quite a few SOG knives, folders mostly and usually had one in my pocket or close by in the car. I had because I am currently in a physical therapy facility waiting for a hip replacement. I've had a lot of time to search the web and haven't seen any of these patches

GIRLYmann likes this.
  4. Cut_my_finger_again

Oct 22, 2018
    ..fat fingered the post button. Anyway, if you're willing to sell, I'd like to have a conversation. Let me know, CMFA.

5. GIRLYmann

GIRLYmann

Nov 7, 2005
    Admittedly, the picture was of the internet with a bit of searching, btw. :)
    The 4 outer patches were given away
    as incentives to sog knives survey.
    They had hook and loop velco material sewn for attachment.
    Top left was game hunting related. Top right, i can't be certain, might be tactical response?!
    Bottom left had something to do with smoke jumpers. Bottom right, with sport fishing. All were for an on line questionaire some years ago.
    I can't rightly say just how the crossed seal pup skull patch in the center came about. Which imo was spot on for a patch. Never had that.
    Lost my lot when the cap they were all attached to went into the water... yeah, pretty tragic. But that's life i guess, some things you just have to let go off...
    Get well soon!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    The Whip likes this.
  6. Cut_my_finger_again

Oct 22, 2018
    Thanks GIRLYmann. You have me going in the right direction.

Anyone else have any input related to where I might locate one or more of these promo patches? There is also a Stripes and skull patch that was available between May 15 and July 7th, 2014. Sorry, no pics. Finders fee is available

GIRLYmann likes this.