SOG SEAL Revolver

I got a week ago and a thousand uses ago a Revolver knife. It is outragious. It uses everyday are enormous. It feels natural and revolves and locks like a dream. Thank you Mr. Roberson. SOG you did very well in adapting this line with their name. I am sold.
How soon can we have an even larger version? Can you imagine a 9" blade? I could saw down my christmas tree with it. I think next winter I will try that with mine!
Thanks you all.
Cheers, BobBee :)

Thanks Bobbee, that means a lot.

That's the first time I've ever heard the Revolver called "outragious" :D

I could not have described it any better though, thank you.

Robbie Roberson ;)

The Revolver really is a great blade and has become my everyday utility knife and hiking blade.
I think a 9" handle would be a bit too much. However, I don't see why a six incher wouldn't be feasible.

Cheers!

I agree a 7" blade would be more balanced. But can you imagine a 9" saw with this knife? It would be forever useful and popular. Nice to have the right tool when you really need it. The Seal Revolver already is that tool I think. Those of you who have not held or tried one, borrow one and check it out. It is amazing in its simplicity, durability and feel. :thumbup:
BobBee

I was thinking about getting this one. Only thing, if you dont mind some constructive criticism. If you plan to make a new design or midify it or anything i think it would be good to have a beefier handle. I know there are metal liners inside but they felt a little weak for my taste. I could squeeze it and it would bend a little and this just didnt feel right to me.
I really do like the idea and the functionality but i think a lot more people would be sold on it if it were a bit more sturdier. I hope this was helpful and not taken to be mean.

Eyeeatingfish, not taken as mean at all :D .

There is a pretty long span from lanyard to pivot in the handle. With nothing in between to bridge this gap except solid stainless liners and zytel.

It could have been made with extra thick stainless liners to prevent this flex, but the extra weight in thick liners would make it much less easier to carry.

This knife was designed to be light, and it has to flex a bit because of "how" it's made.

It was designed to function as well as any straight knife with a 5 inch blade, and it does, except it has the extra bonus of a double cut saw blade.

It's a very tough little knife, and handy as pockets I think. :D

Robbie Roberson ;)

The revolver is a great knife. :)
icon14.gif
I wouldn't get all that concerned with the handle-flex. I've used mine enough that I am confident that it WILL NOT snap from flexing (unless you seriously abuse it). In fact, flexing the handle drives the lock-pin further into the opposing steel liner, which actually makes the lock-up more secure.

I have seriously used my Revolver, not abuse it though. In field usage it handles it's life with abundant ease. It will not fail me unless I want it to fail. I would like a bigger knife, worrying not about size and weight, but seriously the Seal Revolver is perfect for almost any chore as it is now.
No fear, it is the dream of a knife for this modern era. Thanks Mr. Roberson for the design idea.
BobBee

So what is the chance SOG will market a larger Revolver? What will the latest revovler include? The Tanto revolver had no saw just a drop point blade, right? Is not a saw a key tool for a revolver to serve it's purpose? Will the new revolver have other tools? Thanks.
BobBee

Hey Robbie,
Hows about a revolving sword/saw? :thumbup:
Talk about serious utility! :eek:
I get serial # 2 if you can talk Spencer into it. :D
Denis

Hello DPris, good to hear from you, yes that would be great ! :eek:

BobBee, still working on some things.............. :D

SOG seems to be very busy these days.

Robbie Roberson ;)

Hello WEB2, I am waiting to see what Spencer has in mind for the Revolver series.

I would love to see a smaller version.

Thanks for asking.:D

Robbie Roberson ;)

A mini version would be more than great! I'd love to see many more types of revolvers coming on board. So would us ALL.

Personally, I think that the 4.75" blade on the Revolvers is just about a perfect blend of size and utility. I am not fond of the serrations on the Seal Revolver, but I like my Hunter Revolver. The gut hook just seems out of place outside the woods. The Hunter is lying beside my computer. So you know I like to pick it up, fondle it, and look at it. Can't say that for many knives. The leather sheath is also really nice vs the kydex one for the Seal Revolver.

I wish they put the gut hook on the Hunter's saw instead of on the knife blade.

- Frank

Just be careful when you're spinning the blade around.
I asked to see one in a local knife shop and the owner wanted to show me how it worked.
He unlocked it and spun the blade around, abit too fast and hard, and the cutting edge of one blade smacked the locking pin.
Of course, it made a blunt spot on the cutting edge of that blade, but at least his fingers were not in the way.

He needed to tighten that knives pivot action just a bit maybe? To slow down the blade rotation.

The instruction booklet says to press lock switch and "keep it pressed" until blade is in handle, then release. :D

Once you use the Revolver for a few minutes it becomes very clear exactly how it works.

The ding I have seen a few times, I can easliy take it out with a few strokes of a ceramic rod.

I've seen this done a few times myself. :eek:

Robbie Roberson ;)

Back