SOG Seki Tech I or II?

Hello. I am brand new to this group. I have enjoyed reading postings here for a while, and now I need to ask a question.

I tried to find info. on my knife, but without much success.

I believe it to be an SOG Seki Tech I or II. The blade is satin, almost polished, 6” in length, with brass guard and rubbery grip, and the blade has SOG Specialy Knives and EDM.WA. on it. It has a firm Nylon like sheath with two holes at the top and bottom.

Does anyone here know? I’ve had it since I bought it in the early to mid 80s, and I want to create posting for it in the for sale part of this forum. I understand that only firm sales items are to be posted there, so I that is why I am asking here.

Hello. I am brand new to this group. I have enjoyed reading postings here for a while, and now I need to ask a question.

I tried to find info. on my knife, but without much success.

I believe it to be an SOG Seki Tech I or II. The blade is satin, almost polished, 6” in length, with brass guard and rubbery grip, and the blade has SOG Specialy Knives and EDM.WA. on it. It has a firm Nylon like sheath with two holes at the top and bottom.

Does anyone here know? I’ve had it since I bought it in the early to mid 80s, and I want to create posting for it in the for sale part of this forum. I understand that only firm sales items are to be posted there, so I that is why I am asking here.

Sounds like the Tech...the Tech II had a longer blade (~7" )

s-l400.jpg

http://temp.sogknivescollectors.com/theknives/tech-i-s10/
https://web.archive.org/web/20020202023552/sogknives.com/sogtech.htm

Last edited:
That is a SOG Tech, sometimes called a Tech I.
The steel is Aus6, although it was represented by SOG as 440A at the time.
The knife was made by Kinryu Seki, who also made all the SOG fixed blades
other than the S1 and S2.
Contrary to the information given on sogknivescollectors.com site, the Tech was never made in any steel other than Aus6. The Tech usually has an "S" over the "Seki Japan" on the ricasso, and although it's meaning has never been verified to my knowledge, some have speculated that it stands for Stainless.

Last edited:
Back