Sog Trident Tanto

Hey guys Am new here and have been very impressed with the help and recommendations I have received from you pros. I would be interested in hearing from owners of this model and there overall impressions on this model concerning durability and strength of it's lock-up style system. Personally I love the spring assisted opening and for the $60 I paid I am very happy so far. Just not up on the different styles of locks yet. The Aus-8 steel seems to sharpen easily in my opinion which is a plus. Also seem like it makes a decent defense knife. Thanks in advance.

Good choice! It is a knife "classic", and still a really good knife. I had the clip point Trident. I love the deep pocket clips on Sogs. When I carried my Trident I always made sure to have a second smaller EDC knife. IMO, the Trident is a little too aggressive/military looking to use in most public situations. I think it would be more than adequate for last ditch, self defense.
The Flash tanto is very similar, and more sheeple friendly.
Sogs are my go-to knives when I want something full-sized, and light in the pocket.

Thanks for reply mw. Always glad to hear I made a decent choice. Not sayin it is a good as a $200 Benchmade but sounds like reasonable quality and will do for light weight tasks. Usually can be had for $60-70 bucks and the Aus-8 steel is acceptable. So far no blade play or wiggle. Makes a great lightweight for warm weather pocket carry.

I've been using a mini tanto for over 3 years... love it; sharpens up to a razor. Trust me, I've used/carried it in a ton of good/bad weather conditions around farms n such. Great knife!

Glad to hear more good news concerning owner approval of this model. Bought mine before a I became a knife nut and jumped in with both feet when I saw how quick they open with that spring assist. Price can vary on this model. Only $59 for mine but have seem em going for up to $80 on some sites. Love the tanto blades.

Back