• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD F.vaz 180mm Bunka - Super clean laser - the good old carbon

Francisco Vaz

fvazknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey guys!

This knife was meant to be listed a few days before but im really short on time so sorry for only be listing now.

This blade is an extremely high-performance Bunka, which in my opinion is by far the best all-around knife you can have. It has basically all the features of the santoku with the aggressive geometry of a gyuto or a k-tip.
It was done out of 52100 steel hardened to 60~61hrc. It has a very clean design.

Every single detail of this "simple" knife has been taken to as close as possible to perfection:

Details like choil, spine, fitting, geometry, balance, weight and finish.

Blade has only 146 grams even when Bunka is a relatively wide knife

t1.jpg

t4.jpg
t7.jpg
t8.jpg

t5.jpg
t6.jpg

This blade has a really aggressive grind that will make your experience using it absolutely insane.

In my opinion, 52100 is one of the best picks for such thin knives due its very fine grain. Its much tougher than 1095/w2 so chipping shouldnt be a problem.

PRICE:
280$ shipped with zipped pouch included (as per the pictures below)
I dont take Paypal and i can provide tons of references - please take a look on my website fvazknives.com

Both choil and spine rounded and polished for much better comfort during use

This blade will be delivered hand sharpened to 2000 grit ready for use - as it is really thin behind the bevel, sharpening it will be extremely easy and fast
Many people dont like octagonal handles but i personally love to use them due their improved grip and overall weight balance.

This handle is out of a very beautiful, figured walnut - bought from door factory that closed and had this wood for more than 30 years in their warehouse.

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

Finally, a youtube video from a nice channel for those who enjoys chef knives:

I do agree with the video that edge geometry is much more important than average high HRC or fancy steels.

If you never used such aggressive grind in the kitchen, this is a REALLY NICE entry. Once you use such knife in the kitchen, its a game changer feeling.

Thank you a lot, have a nice sunday everyone!

Last edited:
This one is everything you said, and more. Amazing size for the light weight. And a razor laser. Thanks, Francisco!

Back