SOLD - Is it a Hornet-suki or a Wasp-cliffe? You be the judge!

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
My first offering with dremel textured G10. I have tried this a three times before, but this one came out better than all the others, in my opinion.

The reason for the title is because when I showed a friend, and told him it is a "wasp-cliffe", he said it looked like a honesuki, so of course, I had to called it a hornet-suki. :rolleyes: But a real honesuki is a bit thicker than this knife is... so it's probably a Wasp-cliffe. I will stand corrected upon compelling arguments otherwise, however. ;)

Here are the specs:

Steel: ~1080 sawmill blade steel

Overall length: 7 1/2"
Cutting edge: 3 1/2"

Geometry: almost zero ground, with a 15° edge, and a 20° microbevel.

Weight: 3.6 oz

Handle: Dremel textured yellow and black G10, carbon fiber tubes

Sheath: black Kydex, please select Taco or Pancake.

Asking SOLD

Price is via PayPal G&S (I will provide the email address in private messaging) and includes expedited shipping with full tracking and insurance.

First "I'll take it" gets priority. Upon payment, please also confirm your shipping address.

Here are some pics with a few different backgrounds to get a feel for the color and how it contrasts with the environment. Questions and comments welcome. Thank you for looking!

IMG_7051.JPG

IMG_7056.JPG
IMG_7057.JPG
IMG_7058.JPG
IMG_7059.JPG
IMG_7060.JPG

Last edited:
In the sheath and in the mail sir!

IMG_7063.JPG
IMG_7064.JPG
IMG_7065.JPG
IMG_7070.JPG
IMG_7071.JPG
IMG_7072.JPG

Thank you! As I recall reverse grip edge in is a little weird but doable, but edge out was quite comfortable.

Back