• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

*** SOLD *** Spyderco Rock Lobster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary W. Graley

“Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Picked this up recently but with the incoming other knives I need to build up some funds to cover things,

Spyderco Rock Lobster, solid folder, VG10 blade, I did put an exceptional edge on there with my Edge Pro, razor sharp and very mirror like edge now.

Lockup is perfect, no blade play what so ever. The Spyderco box is included, also I added a nice braided leather fob and wooden bead on there.

Price shipped in the USA is $190, US Postal Money Order, sorry no paypal available and no trades please.

Here are some shots of it, I can take some better images if needed, sorry for the cell phone pics...

The smaller knife in the photo is not forsale

Pingo_RL_3.jpg

The bead shown would not be included, I will put a small wooden bead on for you though.

Pingo_RL_2.jpg

Spyderco_RL_.jpg

Thanks for checking,
G2

Last edited:
Some better images here now, taken a few minutes ago;

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

IMG_1508.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

G2

Price drop to $175 shipped in the USA
G2

Still available, no trades please
G2

In time for Christmas :) Price drop to $150 shipped in the USA guys and gals,
G2

Hi Gary, I'd happily purchase your knife for $150, and I even like the leather fob and wooden bead, and I realize that you specifically stated no Paypal; however, for me to purchase it, it would have to be through some kind of secure system. Do you have any other ideas/options for payment?

Thanks, Steve

US Postal Money order does provide protection in the form of mail fraud, so if there was a problem you'd have that recourse.

If that wouldn't work, then sorry as I don't have paypal and am not getting involved with the process, I've been on the forums since 1999 without it and have made well over a hundred sales and purchases without having to use paypal.

You can email those that have left feed back and you'll see that my packaging is pretty much as best that can be possible, as I pack things the way that I would want to receive them myself.

G2

Was waiting on your reply, sorry I couldn't oblige on that, so the knife is still up forsale
Thanks
G2

Knife is still available
G2

Hi Gary, I'd happily purchase your knife for $150, and I even like the leather fob and wooden bead, and I realize that you specifically stated no Paypal; however, for me to purchase it, it would have to be through some kind of secure system. Do you have any other ideas/options for payment?

Thanks, Steve

Gary is a secure system.I'd vouch for him anytime.

Hi Gary, I'm sure you're a solid guy - I'm new to these forums, so it's all a bit new to me. Actually, I only joined bladeforums b/c I searched and saw YOUR post through google. So how does this work - if I decide to buy it (if you still haven't sold it), you give me your word that you will not then sell it to someone else in the time it takes for you to receive it in the mail at this time of year? It seems to me that that could take, with Xmas and all, a good week and a half. Please advise. Also, were these photos taken after you sanded the micarta - that is, are the photos current and the knife is still in that condition? Thanks, Steve

I

I can certainly understand a new person's hesitation on buying and that is a good thing to verify or check as much as you can before buying, one thing that Blade Forums provides is the feedback system.

And yes, if you say you are going to buy it, then it is yours until I hear otherwise.

The photos show the knife in it's current condition, which is as close to mint as you could get, the scales are not micarta, but green G10 and yes the sanding that I had done was to the very inside edges of the scales, where the factory had finished around the scales it left the very inside edges quite crisp, so I had carefully sanded that edge down so it isn't as sharp as it was, you'd not know it hadn't come from the factory in this condition, as mentioned before the one thing that stands out is the nice razor edge put on by me using my Edge Pro.

You can email me at chiseledge @ yahoo.com for my address.
Thanks and thanks John for taking the time to post a vouch for me as well, very kind of you to do so,
G2

Hi Gary, ok, twist my arm; I'll take it. I'll follow up with you through your yahoo address. -Steve

Thanks Steve, you'll enjoy it I'm sure, this knife she be sold folks,
G2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back