• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD Zero grind 6" Chef knife out of 52100 - 62hrc with a demonstration video

Francisco Vaz

fvazknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
SOLD -> watch the video and if you decide to have one, contact me, i will have 3 more of these next days. Also taking pre order of these in Elmax steel.

Hey guys. Quick description today as im enjoying some barbecue with family

Making available this great, all-around, nimble 6" chef knife out of 52100.

6" blade length
118 grams of weight
38mm wide at the heel
Genuine rosewood handle (Kingwood from Dalbergia genus) - near 1,1g/cmĀ³ of density, similar weight to arizona ironwood

Handle is tappered to offer better weight balance, as shown in the video.

The dry leather cut in the demonstration is 5mm thick, twice the thickness of the blade.

Dry leather is known for being a pain to cut, it really stresses the edge of a blade.

52100 is by far my favorite carbon steel. It is the good old material that WORKS. It has a great fine grain, a lot of edge stability and plenty toughness even at such HRC's values.

1 - ZFBIImS.jpg
2 - 9uFq0YH.jpg
3 - wrYcWSd.jpg
4 - A8taJ6R.jpg
5 - bKulKqD.jpg

People often have the wrong idea that zero grind knives are fragile or not functional for a daily use - please see the video, this grind will, for absolute sure, impress you on a daily routine

zero grind knives will also be sharpened faster since there is much less material behind the bevel.

I have taken this blade to excellence by all means: heat treatment, fitting, balance, grind and finish. It is guaranteed to have a fine grain and both choil and spine are fully rounded for improved comfort.

This knife will offer a great experience on those looking for a nimble knife that will bond to your hand almost like a natural part of your body.

Delivered hand sharpened to 2000 grit, as shown in the demonstration video (not a single burr in the edge even after all those hits).

Price: 200$ shipped CONUS with red zipped pouch included - im from Brazil and can provide TONS of references, please contact me if you have any questions: fvazcustomknives@gmail.com

Buy under 3 minutes: Express self checkout by Stripe

I will be doing some of these in Elmax (1.7% Carbon, 18% Chromium, 3% vanadium, 1% Molybdenum) very soon, contact me for getting in the queue.

If you enjoy my work, please consider taking a look in my website, new pictures soon: fvazknives.com

Have a great sunday everyone!

Last edited:
Back