• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD Zero grind, heavy duty 4" paring knife - 52100 steel 62HRC - genuine rosewood handle

Francisco Vaz

fvazknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
SOLD

Hello everyone!

It might sound a bit confusing to put both "zero grind" and "heavy duty" in the same line, but trust me, this blade will tolerate a lot of use and abuse before having any problems.

Crafted to be a simple tool taken by excellence in the most important matters: geometry, heat treatment, balance, fitting and finish.

It has 104 grams overall
4" blade length
36mm wide at the heel
2,5mm thick at the thickest point

Kingwood handle is tappered to offer better balance, my idea here was to design something that bonds to your hand almost like a natural part of your body. This knife is extremely nimble and easy to use.

Kingwood is a genuine rosewood from Dalbergia genus. Incredibly beautiful and heavy.

Be aware: in the bottom of this post, there will be an imgur album with some pictures on the grain quality control over this steel and heat treatment. The grain is as fine as it can be.

As shown in the video below, the blade cuts 5mm dry leather, takes a lot of abuse in the hardwood block (that wood is REALLY heavy and hard), and still not a single burr in the edge.

This is how delicate and thin behind the bevel this knife is, still can tolerate a lot of abuse without having any problems. Im very happy with this 52100 heat treatment recipe after some good time finding my sweetspot on this alloy.

b2.jpg
b1.jpg
b4.jpg
b6.jpg

The point of this demonstration is to show that, even when this is a small knife, it can cut with ease large potatoes and carrots, as well slicing 5mm thick leather (obviously harder than pretty much any food i can think of) without any damage on the edge.

The paper slicing is done to show that no burr or chipping is happening in the edge.

You can see me twisting the edge when i hit the hardwood cutting board, thats to show how tough the edge is. Even at 62hrc and being zero, it doesnt crack the micro edge.

PRICE:

SOLD SOLD SOLD

If you want to order a knife like this but in Elmax steel, it is 350$. I currently have 2 remaining spots for such design. The steel is coming from Finland. I will be running the Elmax with cryo around 62~63hrc

In case you want a set of 3 in 52100 steel, including a 8" gyuto and a 6" chef knife just like my previous post, im doing a really great deal on the set of 3. All matching in handle and steel (same heat treatment recipe).

If purchased with the slicer below (more information on my website fvazknives.com) a great discount will be provided

Im from Brazil and can provide tons of references, please contact me via email if you have any questions -> fvazcustomknives@gmail.com

4fxMhh4.jpg

Quality control over the grain:

Have a blessed week everyone! Thanks.

Last edited:
Back