Solvang - Hendrickson - 'Best of Show'

SharpByCoop

Enjoying the discussions
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Guys,

I had the extreme pleasure of having the opportunity to photograph this amazing fighter/Bowie by Jay Hendrickson, MS.

He was awarded 'Best of Show' this past April for this knife, which is an outstanding accomplishment considering the caliber of makers and knives that were in attendance there. :eek:

orig.jpg

It is 'typical' of Jay's work--which typical is an average word, but this is an 'above-average' piece. Typical in that he regularly uses curly maple and does his wire inlays. Typical eastern-Maryland-shaped fighter, from the Moran influence, too. Untypical eye-popping combination for ANY maker!

Another shot of the knife fitted in the scabbard:

orig.jpg

It went from Dave Harvey, to me, to his buyer. One lucky fella..!

Anyway, since the rest of the USA world is probably at the Blade show, let's enjoy some great work on our own! :)

Coop

Gorgeous piece! And obviously some top notch images to showcase it as well! :D

Thanks for sharing Coop! :)
-Nick-

Great pictures and knife Coop.I really really like Jay's work.His wire inlays add such elegance to his knives.

That's a beauty.
Jay H. is such a nice fellow as well.
I asked him one question and received a mini sheath making seminar in return.
Gotta love it.

Them's some nice photos too, Coop!

Incredible! I didn't get to see that one. Saw a similar piece though, and it was very nice!

Great pics of a great knife!

Keep in mind guys, when Coop posts pics here, he makes them relatively small, and compresses them to not waste bandwidth, his pics are even more detailed and impressive in larger, higher-res size, his pics and skill, are the benchmark I aspire to, but never do reach. :)

Back