Some Azwelke Goodies for my new 16

Decided I wanted a double carry rig for my truck pack a couple weeks ago. Why kydex??? Well I hardly ever make things for myself because all I ever see are flaws no matter how miniscule. So I bugged Al for a bit about making me a couple rigs. Probably nothing worse than making something for someone in the same field of work but Al fielded all my questions, general nitpickiness and probable irritating design changes no problem.

Here is the one for the 16 after I add the Tek and Mr Gobby

DSC_0001-21.jpg

DSC_0002-12.jpg

DSC_0003-15.jpg

DSC_0006-13.jpg

Tek also makes it easier to take pics :)

DSC_0005-13.jpg

DSC_0004-11.jpg

Overall fit and finish are perfect, Except that I, in my usual awesomness, maybe might have failed to mention that I had saints new micarta scales. No biggie though, I had to heat up the throat and remodel slightly. That was my fault and nothing to do with Al's work.

But you said 'dual'. Yep I have something else sitting here but I had it come 90% finished as I wanted the carry configured a little differently so maybe it will be done in a few days. In theory.

I like the digital camo. Before I read the bottom, I was going to ask if they still fit ok with the Micarta. I have some G10 coming for mine. I can't wait to get my hands on that.

Yep Saints scales are a little fatter than the stockers, which is great because they fill the hand better but bad when you fail to mention that to someone building a sheath for you. I might have maybe forgot to mention that to him about my other sheath too. :rolleyes:

Good to hear that the Micarta (Saints) is thicker... I'd like my handle to be a little thicker... but I'll bet the factory micarta is going to be thicker too since it is on the larger Beckers. Looks good.

Eli

Mr. Gobby?...You are aware of what a gobby is right? Hahahaha. Aside from crappy jokes, thats an awesome sheath! Always like when the sheaths edges are nicely rounded off or smooth and free of scratch marks.

Yep Saints scales are a little fatter than the stockers, which is great because they fill the hand better but bad when you fail to mention that to someone building a sheath for you. I might have maybe forgot to mention that to him about my other sheath too. :rolleyes:

What was your turnaround time on the saintcutlery scales? I ordered mine about a 1.5 weeks ago and I'm impatiently waiting.

so, what's the secret item? Ya done yet? huh? huh? huh?

how about now? done yet? huh? huh?

huh? lol

That is some fabulous looking kydex work. Al and Eli are both master benders for sure. Good service too.

Do those scales work with the stock sheath or are they too thick?

Jeremy

Looks nice:) Thank You for the review and pics. I think I need some of those Saint Cutlery BK 16 scales now.
Al

Back