1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Some Azwelke Goodies for my new 16

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Skystorm, May 4, 2012.

1. Skystorm

Skystorm A Cow Flayin' Sheath Making Angry Gnome

Oct 17, 2011
    Decided I wanted a double carry rig for my truck pack a couple weeks ago. Why kydex??? Well I hardly ever make things for myself because all I ever see are flaws no matter how miniscule. So I bugged Al for a bit about making me a couple rigs. Probably nothing worse than making something for someone in the same field of work but Al fielded all my questions, general nitpickiness and probable irritating design changes no problem.

Here is the one for the 16 after I add the Tek and Mr Gobby

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tek also makes it easier to take pics :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overall fit and finish are perfect, Except that I, in my usual awesomness, maybe might have failed to mention that I had saints new micarta scales. No biggie though, I had to heat up the throat and remodel slightly. That was my fault and nothing to do with Al's work.

But you said 'dual'. Yep I have something else sitting here but I had it come 90% finished as I wanted the carry configured a little differently so maybe it will be done in a few days. In theory.

2. UCPOPO

UCPOPO Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2010
    I like the digital camo. Before I read the bottom, I was going to ask if they still fit ok with the Micarta. I have some G10 coming for mine. I can't wait to get my hands on that.

3. Bigskymt

Bigskymt

Apr 9, 2010
    Nice setup. Giving me some ideas! Any chance of seeing it on the pack?

4. mctrinket

mctrinket

Feb 26, 2012
    Nice!

5. Axisjoe

Axisjoe

Feb 25, 2012
    Saints Micarta scales?

6. The Warrior

The Warrior Dubzerator Moderator Gold Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Love it.

7. Skystorm

Oct 17, 2011
    Yep Saints scales are a little fatter than the stockers, which is great because they fill the hand better but bad when you fail to mention that to someone building a sheath for you. I might have maybe forgot to mention that to him about my other sheath too. :rolleyes:

8. GODSPEED TACTICAL

GODSPEED TACTICAL Banned BANNED

Feb 24, 2011
    Good to hear that the Micarta (Saints) is thicker... I'd like my handle to be a little thicker... but I'll bet the factory micarta is going to be thicker too since it is on the larger Beckers. Looks good.

Eli

9. CamH_16

CamH_16

Feb 5, 2012
    Mr. Gobby?...You are aware of what a gobby is right? Hahahaha. Aside from crappy jokes, thats an awesome sheath! Always like when the sheaths edges are nicely rounded off or smooth and free of scratch marks.

10. bchan77

bchan77

Dec 6, 2007
    Skystorm, from where did you get the micarta scales? They are nice!

11. CCMI

CCMI

Aug 4, 2010
    What was your turnaround time on the saintcutlery scales? I ordered mine about a 1.5 weeks ago and I'm impatiently waiting.

12. Skystorm

Oct 17, 2011
    Well it varies but they are hand made not mass produced.

13. thrillbilly

thrillbilly Banned BANNED

Apr 16, 2011
    so, what's the secret item? Ya done yet? huh? huh? huh?

how about now? done yet? huh? huh?

huh? lol

14. tradewater

tradewater Geezerator Moderator

Jan 24, 2011
    That is some fabulous looking kydex work. Al and Eli are both master benders for sure. Good service too.

15. Skystorm

Oct 17, 2011

Well it's bigger than a 16 smaller than a 6

16. thrillbilly

thrillbilly Banned BANNED

Apr 16, 2011
    you got that RBK saran-wrapped didnt ya!

17. Catmouth

Catmouth

Apr 3, 2012
    I am guessing a BK7 dipped in yogurt.

PS Those scales are teh sex. :cool:

18. dresnor

dresnor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Do those scales work with the stock sheath or are they too thick?

Jeremy

19. DJG097

DJG097

Apr 19, 2009
    The sheath looks awsome. Just wish he made a pancake one though.

20. azwelke

azwelke Eh Zee Well Key Dot Com ;) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 12, 2007
    Looks nice:) Thank You for the review and pics. I think I need some of those Saint Cutlery BK 16 scales now.
    Al