Some Ideas on sheath options Pratical/Tactical

IMG_3197_zpspcxziylb.jpg

Here are some examples of Kydex and leather sheaths I have had made . The Kydex ones all have a Teklock clip on the back to easily mount on a belt , Backpack or any kind of Molle . The Teklock also has room to slide inches up or down or rock fore and aft on what ever it is attached to. On some I had the extra knives added to the larger sheath . The leather one is a Alligator print on leather with a D- ring attachment and bottom hole to add Paracord to keep sheath vertical when drawing . The Kydex can also be looped with a Paracord leg loop . I had these made and they are very handy . I can pass on info if you want contact info and he is very reasonable and all around cool Soldier recently filmed on Naked and Afraid on the Discovery channel.

Love love love that Tamang, maybe cuz it looks like you stole it from my place :D Did you vinegar etch it? That gator print is pretty cool looking, but being a reptile lover, I'm not really into reptile leather, even if it's fake. Still promotes the real deal, in my opinion.

The kydex work looks really good. I particularly like the sheaths for the BAS(?, desert camo, non Kryptek) and the Chitlangi. They seem the most compact. I like the Kryptek, but haven't got any myself since it's about twice as expensive as plain colors like, you know..black. And I'm not a Teklock fan, but that's just me. I use metal gun clips on most of my kydex, and it's attached to it's own little plate so it can be moved, removed, or replaced.

This is the only full-sized khuk sheath I've done, it's for my first KLVUK.

But I've done other HI blades and my flashlight as well. The clip on the flashlight holster is the only one thats permanently attached

On my short list of sheaths is one for my much-used Dui Chirra, and one for my Foxy Folly that needs to get used, plus an EDC sheath for my new Baby Foxy Folly. But first I have a couple other sheaths to finish.

I can pass on info if you want contact info and he is very reasonable and all around cool Soldier recently filmed on Naked and Afraid on the Discovery channel.

Is it against forum rules? I hope not. Please post his contact information here, or send in PM. Thanks!

There's a sticky at the top of the HI subforum main page titled "Sheathmakers/Craftsmen of Bladeforums" which seems to be the place to post contact information of sheathmakers and samples of their work.

Dang I forgot to mention other sheath makers wanted over 100 for a black Kydex and these with Camo started at $65 for the 15" and smaller blades .

Just trying to save my brothers some money!!!

Bringing this one back up to the top - maybe it's time to start experimenting with Kydex.

Back