some knife terms needs to be explained...

Dec 22, 2000

Can someone here be so kind to explain the difference between clip and drop point?? please give me some good examples too

Do these terms refer to the curve on the edge or the back on the blade (spine??)

Norwegian, they refer to the curve on the spine. The drop point is rounded over, like on most skinning-style knives, while the clip point is either concave or straight, like on a bowie. Drop point knives have a sturdier tip, while clip point knives have a finer tip (in general).

[This message has been edited by Burke (edited 03-15-2001).]
For a quick visual, click on "Store" above, and go to Buck Knives. Look under Folding Knives. The Buck 110/112 Hunter/ranger have a clip point. The Mini-Buck has a drop point.