Some of last weeks work

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
Finished up these two WST (wilderness survival tool). Basically my version of the WSK. O1 and osage.
Scott

wst.jpg

oh scott, those are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

March won't come soon enough!!!!

Brett

Specs are 12" overall, 6" cutting edge, 1/4" ricasso, 5 3/4" handle. 1/4" thick, 2" at the widest part on the blade.
March will be here before you know it Brett. Can't believe it's August already. :eek:
Scott

These chop very well. Just about as good as a hatchet. It has to do with it having a wide blade. It chops as good or better then an 8" Tusker.
Scott

Picture144.jpg

Awesome work Scott... That Osage look great. Chops Better than a Tusker ... really ?

Awesome work Scott... That Osage look great. Chops Better than a Tusker ... really ?

Yes, due to the weight and width of the blade. Now a 1/4" thick by 1 3/4" wide Big BoarTusker will chop just as well as these.
Scott

I saw one of those in his shop last week, they are huge! That osage looks pretty good!

Great looking knife!

Appears to be perfect for use in the back country! The size would allow it to preform double duty: small chores around camp and some chopping detail, as need. When an ax is not available...

WST would be a great asset to someones kit.

The handle profile looks great and I love the overall dimensions.

:thumbup::D
These things are a bear to profile. It's takes three 36 grit belts to do one. :eek:
Scott

And I bet you're not using a 1X30. :D

I hate grinding steel. I'd probably pick up a plasma cutter before I hogged off all that steel on a belt sander. But I'm impatient...so.

Back