Some old becker history.

How about a little credit? I think you might have gotten one of those from me! :D

i've two in both flavors. so surely one of them is likely sourced from you. the phophated ones i'm somewhat sure i got off ebay, the first one esp, as i remember who stupidly expensive it was ;) buy it now my assets :D

It might be wise to put copyright markers on the photos. Otherwise, folks will likely assume they're fair use photos, and the photographer will spend a lot of time angling for control.

In this case, the impetus to re-post seems educationally motivated and not monetary, but I get that Bladite likes to be recognized as a hub of Becker history; he did a lot of work building the databases that people take for granted. Copyright symbols would document that work a little more.

marking and reuploading the images is a lot of work. there is a preface on the photo blog listing terms. i can pay about 3x as much as i am now (why yes, i pay money to host all that stuff), and they can auto-watermark but watermarks can be removed to some degree, and fairly intrusive imho. sucks.

also less that i want to be recognized, i'm not here for the exposure, ssh, incognito mode on! more like, common courtesy. i understand it's easy to copy media these days, but doing it wholesale, still rubs me the wrong way.

Junkie here da better Pic
All yours

j7NIqU2.jpg

Closest I have wid da blades turned, huntin a BK9HH for Tanker think the 1 you looking for in same box we see. And when u get a chance shoot me your addy, hope all good wid u and yours

gR8Sf10.jpg

Last edited:
that one of a kind thing? never showed up in any literature or photographs in the 20 lb pile of stuff i got from Ethan over a 30 year period.

looks like modern laser etching? smells like marketing.

i have at least 3 of the chrome magnum camps and have seen a few others with them. they made more than 10.

i've also seen a couple fakes come by. someone took Camillus blankes and drilled them.

that one of a kind thing? never showed up in any literature or photographs in the 20 lb pile of stuff i got from Ethan over a 30 year period.

looks like modern laser etching? smells like marketing.

i have at least 3 of the chrome magnum camps and have seen a few others with them. they made more than 10.

i've also seen a couple fakes come by. someone took Camillus blankes and drilled them.

I hear you on the fakes when a dollar to be made. But it has been confirmed that was a practice back in the day as per Mike at blackjack, as was the individual #'s on the early Campanions and Kukri's with the estaloc, scales, all these Blackjack models with the sheaths and boxes so pretty well accepted as the real deal, and as always love your incite and Knowledge Bladite

The "one of a kind" mark shows up on tons and tons of old blackjack knives, not just blackjack beckers. From all the research I've done it seems like they are 100% legit, but they are "one of a kind" in that they are factory seconds. Mike called them one of a kind and technically didn't lie because they all have small differences (not necessarily defects, more like slightly out of tolerance) which made them just a hair shy from being able to sell regularly. It's a very ethically shady move but, I'm willing to bet Mike turned a better profit selling them as "one of a kinds" not "factory seconds" and I am speaking as someone who owns one of these mystical "one of a kind" beckers.

I don't recall the numbers but very very few. And Kabar didn't really make them, they finished them. Kabar got a hold of some of the camillus s30v bk77 blanks when camillus went under. Kabar "finished" them and put there own new micarta on it (finished most likely being just heat treat, putting the sharpened edge on it, and shining them up a bit). They did the same thing with the bk10LE for the beckerheads. Those stamped bk10s were made from left over camillus blanks kabar finished. so they are not kabar's 1095cv.

I don't recall the numbers but very very few. And Kabar didn't really make them, they finished them. Kabar got a hold of some of the camillus s30v bk77 blanks when camillus went under. Kabar "finished" them and put there own new micarta on it (finished most likely being just heat treat, putting the sharpened edge on it, and shining them up a bit). They did the same thing with the bk10LE for the beckerheads. Those stamped bk10s were made from left over camillus blanks kabar finished. so they are not kabar's 1095cv.
Dink Dey Did 150 of Dem 10's
Dink Bladite has der 1st 100 or so
Dink all his devise

Its in der towards the bottom
Wid some Bells and da Whistle's if I Du recall

gR8Sf10.jpg

Dink Dey Did 150 of Dem 10's
Dink Bladite has der 1st 100 or so
Dink all his devise

Its in der towards the bottom
Wid some Bells and da Whistle's if I Du recall

gR8Sf10.jpg