Some Pictures from Around the Shop and some WIP Knives...

Fletcher Knives

STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO
These are pictures from both Fletcher Knives and Fiddleback Forge.

If you want to see captions for all of these pictures, find this album on my facebook page.

Fasten seatbelt...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

a1.jpg

Meet the new Fletcher Knives apprentice and employee, Damon Lusky.

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

Damon is getting real good really fast. Here's one of his practice blades.

a7.jpg

a8.jpg

a9.jpg

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

b5.jpg

b6.jpg

b7.jpg

b8.jpg

b9.jpg

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

c5.jpg

c6.jpg

c7.jpg

c8.jpg

c9.jpg

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

d3.jpg

d4.jpg

d5.jpg

d6.jpg

d7.jpg

d8.jpg

d9.jpg

e1.jpg

e2.jpg

e3.jpg

e4.jpg

e5.jpg

e6.jpg

e7.jpg

e8.jpg

e9.jpg

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

f5.jpg

Nice Dylan, looks like you got knives flying. Love the Ulysses, are any of those gunna go to close out the dibs list? If so make mine bright brother :)

Nice Dylan, looks like you got knives flying. Love the Ulysses, are any of those gunna go to close out the dibs list? If so make mine bright brother :)

What was the handle combo or did you not specify one? If you did, I have it written down, but my list isn't in front of me.

I think I was vague, just bright liners like red or toxic green. But I now have an orange handled tango from you that is really sick. Jade green, jade orange, jade red, lol. Just hot looking :).

Nice snaps man, and good insight into the minds of the men behind the blades. I should stop by next time I'm down that way and get some action shots of you nuts at work :)

Is the knife below what I think it is?

Nope. That's one of Damon's designs. You can definitely tell who taught him. lol.

I think I was vague, just bright liners like red or toxic green. But I now have an orange handled tango from you that is really sick. Jade green, jade orange, jade red, lol. Just hot looking :).

Well there's some pretty slick looking stuff in that batch. Maybe something will push you over the edge.

Thanks for the pictures Dylan. I've been wanting see what you all's new shop looks like. I'm wondering, what makes you have dedicated belts for the spine and bevel only. I have a lot of trouble getting my spines and profile to look nice and polished after completion. Maybe this is something I should try?

Pretty fun looking "job", I'll admit I'm a bit jealous. Thanks for sharing!

Bro, Ill take what ever you got me on the list for. I love your knives. Im just shooting the breeze.

Thanks for the pictures Dylan. I've been wanting see what you all's new shop looks like. I'm wondering, what makes you have dedicated belts for the spine and bevel only. I have a lot of trouble getting my spines and profile to look nice and polished after completion. Maybe this is something I should try?

The reason I do this is because when you do your spines it rubs a spot into the middle of the belt and wears it faster than the sides, so you end up with a belt that isn't doing anything in the middle and you can see it in your finishes. Even if you're sweeping the blade from side to side across the belt, where ever that divot in the middle last contacts the belt, you'll be able to see it. Once a belt has been used for spines, I can't use it for the bevels anymore. Plus, I've gotten in the habit of ONLY using new Trizac belts to do the finish grinds after the 80 grit and the 120 grit. It just makes everything look cleaner and it's worth the money.

Bro, Ill take what ever you got me on the list for. I love your knives. Im just shooting the breeze.

You got it man. I'll hook ya up. ;)

Awesome pics. Awesome shop. Awesome knives. And glad to see everybody armed, like good Americans should be.

Thanks for the tour. It's great to be able to sneak a peak into the world of knife making.

The reason I do this is because when you do your spines it rubs a spot into the middle of the belt and wears it faster than the sides, so you end up with a belt that isn't doing anything in the middle and you can see it in your finishes. Even if you're sweeping the blade from side to side across the belt, where ever that divot in the middle last contacts the belt, you'll be able to see it. Once a belt has been used for spines, I can't use it for the bevels anymore. Plus, I've gotten in the habit of ONLY using new Trizac belts to do the finish grinds after the 80 grit and the 120 grit. It just makes everything look cleaner and it's worth the money.

Great tip, thanks!

Damon Lusky is the lone Fletcher Knives employee right now. Unless he gets hit by a car or something, I'm not hiring anyone else right now.

Dude, I never thought about straightening out of the quench like that! Very simple yet my little mind never thought of it. Thanks for the tip. What is that, 3/4" hardened steel?

Last edited:
Back