• STOP USING PAYPAL FRIENDS & FAMILY
    Please, help us prevent you getting ripped off because someone got their account compromised by reusing their email & password. Read the new best practices for using the Exchange FAQ page.

Some questions about the KnifeKits GX6

The G10 handle scales are pre-machined. Does that mean they won't need to be shaped/filed? If they need to be filed, would sandpaper work well for this?

What is the difference between the two base parts kits... the GX6 and GX65? One is $5.00 more than the other, but there is no picture or description of the difference.

The handles are preshaped, but they are oversized and need to be sanded. BTW, you must wear breathing protection to do it.

The GX6-5 is $5.00 cheaper, because you're buying 5 kits. There's no difference.

cbw

Thanks for the help. I should look for a face mask if I try to complete the project. Looking at your reply now, my last question seems obvious. That is what they mean by 5-pack special on the site (duh to me).

The G10 handle scales are pre-machined. Does that mean they won't need to be shaped/filed? If they need to be filed, would sandpaper work well for this?

What is the difference between the two base parts kits... the GX6 and GX65? One is $5.00 more than the other, but there is no picture or description of the difference.

If you have not done so yet , I would scoot over to knifekits.com and check out the forums there also.
There is also a gallery of finished kits , including the GX6.

Back