Something new in D-2

NWA

Here is one I have been working on for quite some time. It took me seemingly forever to finish this because of my back. But I got it done yesterday Along with another Cub knife for Paul. Which I will be shipping out next week.

The specs are 1/8" D-2
4" cutting edge
9 1/4" OAL
1 3/16" wide blade at the widest point
Handles are Cocobolo with Stainless pins also in a different layout

IMG_3199.jpg

IMG_3194.jpg

I know some do not like the etched name on these, but with this style I have no choice as there is no flat spot to use my stamp.

IMG_3195.jpg

IMG_3196.jpg

Thanks for lookin
Nick:)

That's a beauty, kinda reminds me of a nicer looking version of the Canadian belt knife....great job !

Nice, Nick :thumbup: Looks like it'd be a joy to use in food prep, or great for a hunter.

Have you ever considered making a smaller and simpler etch design? What about using the design in your stamp on the etch? I think, perhaps, what may get to people about the current design is the real estate it takes up on the blade, and the number of words in it. I know that on blades like this, I would prefer an etch designed like your stamp, and located just under the first set of jimping. Just my thoughts.

Thanks Russell, that is a great idea! I will be making a call to have one like that made up. I guess sometimes "more simple" looks better. Thanks dude.

Haha, you're welcome, glad my 0.02 was worth something :)

I look forward to seeing the new etch sometime :thumbup:

I think I am gonna sell it. If anyone wants it let me know, I'll wait a couple days before I post it in the for sale area
This one is SPF. Thanks

Last edited:
I can't wait to get this one. I bet the deer will take one look at this blade and skin themselves!

Really like the look of this knife. Very practical and usable design for the outdoorsman, hunter, camper.

Thnaks guys I shipped it out today for ya Pat..

Hopefully you kept the pattern for this one. I'm guessing I'll want another if it works nearly as hard as it looks!

I make and keep a mild steel template of each and every model I make. So no worries my friend, I can make more just like it if you or anyone else needs one:)

Nick

I didn't see this earlier, but that thing is cool. Looks sort of like the Grohman camp knife which I have always liked. Another nice one Nick

great looking and well-dimensioned knife!

Safari Skinner is a superb design but with a 5" blade it is bulky for an all-rounder. Now with this 4" blade it is a very practical universal knife.

maybe I'd prefer to see a higher-positioned tip and a steeper belly.

Nick, how much would be one like that to order?

That would run $225.00 Just let me know what you decide.

Thanks

thank you for the reply, Nick.
is it the price of the knife alone or with a sheath?
also, how much would be the shipping to Lithuania, Europe (First Class International, if possible please).

one more question regarding the specs: how thick would be the bevel ground at the cutting edge on such a knife?
can you make it around 0.012"-0.013" thick for better slicing ability?

Shipping would probably be around $30.00 I can grind it that thin if you so desire. My normall edge runs from .018"-.020" before sharpening anyway so making it a little thinner is no big deal.

Nick, how hard do you run your D2 in this 1/8" skinner, and do you do your own HT?

Back