1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Something strange

Discussion in 'Reate Knives' started by Nocturnal13, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Nocturnal13

Nocturnal13

Apr 18, 2017
    I noticed something weird on my Mini Horizon D. The knife is perfect otherwise and everything functions great but I think they might have accidentally put a pocket clip screw in the place of the show side top handle scale screw. It looks more dome formed than socket. I will add pics. The size is is about the same I just thought it was weird after noticing it.

2. Nocturnal13

Nocturnal13

Apr 18, 2017
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    If that's the case you should be able to rectify with the enclosed parts kit, right?
    I once received a new from dealer Wave that was missing the internal screw for the clip. I used the extra one.

Nocturnal13 likes this.
  4. TomR2

TomR2

May 17, 2015
    It's not clear from the picture exactly what might be going on. A question - it appears in your top pic, that the horizontal milling lines might thicken, (front to back), from the bottom end of the handle scale as you move towards the top/pivot end? I bet that's not clear, sorry. Are those grooves more raised as you move up the handle - shallower at bottom end, deeper nearer to the pivot? I'm asking because it sort of appears that the screws may be the same, but the counterbore around the hole of that top screw is deeper. If so this could be do to the thicker scale grooving. Your eye could be seeing a difference, but it may just be the shadow caused by a required deeper counterbore. I notice that same "opposing" hole on the lock side does not appear this way, though. Could there be a difference in the horizontal milled grooves front to back? If not, then the counterbore is too deep on that one hole, or more likely, indeed there's something weird about that screw.

Nocturnal13 likes this.
  5. Nocturnal13

Nocturnal13

Apr 18, 2017
    I have 3 Reate knives and this was my first. The torrent abd k2 both had extra hardware but I remember I didn't have for this one. But I looked for the box to check again and the baggie was just real deep in the sleeve of the pouch so it's all good now. Thanks

6. TomR2

TomR2

May 17, 2015
    So, it was the screw?

Nocturnal13 likes this.
  7. Nocturnal13

Nocturnal13

Apr 18, 2017
    Yes they accidentally put the extra pocket clip screw in but it's all good now. That's why I really love it they send extra hardware.