Soon: Protech Brend Elite Combat Dagger revisited

Hi Protech dagger fans,

Last week I was able to complete my Protech Brend dagger collection.
Besides some rare variations, I also happen to have been fortunate enough to gather inside stories about how and why this design and subsequent collaboration came to be, from both Walter and Dave.

Reason enough to make a youtube recap on this beautiful, discontinued collaboration. I'll follow up as soon as the video has been published.

Here's what I will be working with, with a salute to Jerzee Devil member Joekubert for the Tuxedo Edition:

10151148_1538877473090611_5100647757670803422_n.jpg

12196231_1538877563090602_9210697011100185800_n.jpg

Those are gorgeous! Really digging the wood handled ones.

Do you have a favorite of the bunch?

Thank you for the kind words benchwarmer!

The custom variant with the hollow grind was my "grail" knife that I could never get. Now that I have it, I must admit that the blueblack g10/Carbon fibre one (2nd from left) is still the one I find most visually appealing.

which one would you pick? I know there's still a woodend handled one on EBay, be it for a premium price.

Last edited:
It be hard to pick between the two on the right in the first pick. Is dual wield an option? If not, I'd say the lighter of the two.
Next would probably be the black handled one in the middle. Is it a black wood like ebony or micarta?

That maple burl one on the right is handsome as all get out. I'd love that one with a hollow grind, maybe with a heavy stonewash on the grind and satin on the flats... Yeah.

Third from left and far right really speak to my inner Sword And The Stone-loving kid.

They all look great though, do you ever use them on things?

Always can appreciate a good dagger. I like the onw with the white micarta (g-10?) best. Nice collection.

Haha, dual wield is an option, as long as you feel like "V-ing" your way way out of close quarters. Can't blame you, the maple burl satin combo is very neat.
Btw; the black scales are polished black g10!

Last edited:
less than ten maple burl variants were holowground by Walter himself. I've never seen that combination in real life... the maple-satin is favoured by many, it seems

The white "ivory" micarta one is the famed limited tuxedo edition. Joekubert at jdf hooked me up, but less than 80 were made so that's a difficult one to find. Unless you'd go for custom scales, as i did with the two on the left.

Getting medieval, ey? Thats the way i felt while collecting... I did use the 3rd from the right to cut open packages, worked just fine. It bit me good when i tried twirling... 154cm on all of them, as Protech always does

The polished g10 looks great! Wouldn't have guessed as you don't see it all that often.

Back