Soon-to-be paragee owner

Hey guys, my paragee should be arriving tuesday and I'm looking forward to it. Just wanted to introduce myself on this forum since this is my first Outdoor Edge product. Anyone have theirs yet? What do you think?

------------------
William Callahan

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without
hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd
never expect it."
-Jack Handey

I'm one of those wierdos who likes Zytel.

I got a shipment in last week. They are really nice for the money. Fit and finish are excellent and lock up is good. I kept one for myself
biggrin.gif

I also got some of the aluminum handled Magnas in. They are also very well constructed.

------------------
Dennis Bible

....Almost here, The Leading Edge....
http://www.theleadingedgeonline.com

Got it. Very nice! Fit and finish are excelent, this is alot of knife for the money. Fits my hand better than the Camilus EDC. Arrived shaving sharp. I'm pleased with this knife and I think I'll go order the impulse now if I can expect the same quality.

------------------
William Callahan

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without
hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd
never expect it."
-Jack Handey

I'm one of those wierdos who likes Zytel.

They are really nice. My only Outdoor Edge experience is with the Paragee and Magna. If the Impulse is at all similar in quality it would also be an excellent buy.

------------------
Dennis Bible

I succumbed to my addiction, and ordered both the Paragee and aluminum Magna from Dennis yesterday.

I noted that Knife Center said quite directly that they prefer the Paragee to the EDC by Camillus, even though it is lower priced. Such statements by merchants carry a lot of weight with me, as they're potentially taking bread out of their own mouths when saying such things.

I also have my Impulse to fall back on, for judging the quality of OE products. As I posted once before, I simply cannot believe how much knife I got for the price I paid used. I'm convinced that Darrel Ralph knows what he's doing, and that OE are manufacturing high quality knives with their collaborations.

I also remember Anthony Lombardo's review of the Magna and Impulse in TK. I see him as usually somewhat conservative in his reviews. At the end of that one, he urged readers to buy both knives. "They're that good!" he said.

So, I postponed it for awhile, but am soon to join the ranks of both Paragee and Magna owners. Can't wait!

------------------
Asi es la vida

Bugs

I picked up a Paragee at the Blade Show on the 6/8/01. I try to bug David every blade show. The knife was shaving sharp from the box. I had a little trouble with the thumb button, so I installed a add on button, a little larger and a little 1/8 inch closer to the tip. I don't think that there is anything wrong with the knife, just my old hands. I think that $ for $ Outdoor Edge gives great value. I started with the Wedge when they first came out, I now have 3. I also got the Wedge II and now have 2. I generally have my wedge hanging from my neck from get up to lie down. I also picked up the new multi tool, and the pack hatchet. The tool is a good deal for the price, but it won't replace my Wave. The hatchet I have not had a chance to check out yet. I am on a very limited income (Soc Sec), and have to pull these items out one at a time to keep my wife from getting to upset. She is pretty darn good to me though. I am trying to get her into knives, and I think that it's working. :)

Back