Soothsayer Variant! - Sold!

Mitchell Knives

Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This is my popular “Soothsayer” model. This particular knife is a variant of the original design, as it has a slightly different handle shape and a bit of belly instead of a flat edge. The blade is also a bit longer. I feel this subtile change is very pleasing to the eye and increases the utility value of the knife. The Soothsayer makes an outstanding EDC/Utility or defensive knife. If you have never tried a kiridashi, you are missing out on one of the most useful knife designs around!

The blade is made from differentially hardened 1095 steel hardened to 60 - 61 HRC for outstanding edge retention. I performed all heat treat and tempering operations. The blade has a very prominent hamon, and features my new "Paleolithic" finish. The Paleolithic finish is practical and quite attractive. I would best describe it as a combination of a stone wash and antique finish. I'm so pleased with it, this will likely be an option on all of my future knives.

The handle is exceptionally comfortable in either standard or reverse grip. Very grippy! The wrap is nylon and is impregnated with epoxy to prevent unraveling or moisture retention. The under wrap is a choice piece of genuine grey sting ray skin with a highly detailed dragon menuki.

The knife ground with a chisel hollow grind for a right hand user using 1/8" stock. The blade was ground using my 14" contact wheel, resulting in a very subtile hollow grind. I have also ground a swedge along the spine that greatly aids penetration. The knife is extremely sharp, with excellent edge geometry. This will make someone a very nice EDC blade!

- Differentially hardened 1095
- 60 - 61 HRC
- 1/8 Stock
- Paleolithic finish
- Hollow Chisel Grind (Right Hand)
- Dramatic Swedge Along Spine For Increased Penetration
- 7.75" OAL, Cutting edge is just under 3.125"
- Phenomenally Sharp
- Very Secure Kydex Sheath (Also includes IWB loop.)

Sold!

This price includes shipping (with insurance and tracking number) and all fees anywhere in the world.

PayPal or money order preferred.

PayPal Address:

lmjmitchell@gmail.com

**Please be sure to include the “L” at the beginning of my email address when using PayPal. Two customers recently omitted the “L”, and the funds were accidentally sent to someone else. The money was immediately refunded, but it created a bit of confusion.**

Thanks for looking! :)

DSCN4348.JPG

DSCN4332.JPG

DSCN4335.JPG

DSCN4347.JPG

DSCN4340.JPG

DSCN4329.JPG

DSCN4336.JPG

Last edited:
Sorry for necro-ing the thread, but is this still available? Looks beautiful. How durable of a knife is this as an edc for tactical and utility purposes?

Jed

Sorry for necro-ing the thread, but is this still available? Looks beautiful. How durable of a knife is this as an edc for tactical and utility purposes?

Jed

Hi Jed,

This particular knife was sold months ago; I simply forgot to note that here.

The Soothsayer makes a great EDC tactical or utility blade.

If you are leaning towards heavy utility usage, I might suggest leaving off the swedge so your thumb can rest on the spine more comfortably.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.

johnathan@mitchellknives.com

Back