Sorry about having to ask...but what is "SNG"?

After a several casual weeks of checking in with this forum, visiting ebay and such. Also going to Strider's web site and checking several times for a SNG model, I am going to have the question. What does SNG stand for or what model is it? Pictures would help. It took a lot of courage to put myself for the "Idiot of The Week" or ITW award, but I had to ask.

Thanks

Joe

Joe, to see the Model 2 SnGs, check out:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=233387

AFAIK, there will be 4 models of the SnG produced. ALL Ti slabs on SnGs are heat treated, BTW.

Model 1 has a tiger striped blade and Ti slabs that are treated in away that looks fantastic. I can't really describe it. Some have green/black G10 slabs, some have black G10 slabs. Some have "divots" in their slabs, some don't.

Model 2 has a stonewash finish blade (like a Sebenza) and a stonewash finish Ti slab. The G10 slab is black. This will probably be the most "sheeple" friendly SnG. My spearpoint Model 2 SnG should arrive this week, from Matt Donohue. I can't wait!

Model 3 is all black. Model 4, who knows?

BTW all, when I said, "Model 4, who knows?", I wasn't being cute. Does anybody know what the Model 4 SnGs will look like?

Joe, here's a picture of the Ti slab (complete with divots) on a Model 1 SnG, #082, which belongs to ???

Oh yeah, the first 100 of each blade type (Tanto or spearpoint), of each model will be numbered. Mine will be #022.

Attachments

• 12_12_02 #082.jpg
    12_12_02 #082.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 229
What does SNG stand for or what model is it?

A word to the wise, don't ask what the Strider model names (AR, DB, BT, SnG, etcetera) mean. You'll never get an answer. It's part of the Strider mystique... :cool:

Originally posted by loosenock
What does SNG stand for...

Is it possible that "SNG" is an homage to the naming convention popularized by a certain happy Hawaiian custom maker? ;)

hi, I'm trying to learn too. can someone post the specifications of the SNG - blade length, overall length, cutting edge length, blade width, RC, weight etc. what are the divots?

also, are model 1 SNGs (spear point, black G10 with Divots?, tiger stripe) still available? Matt?

thanks,
Spyken

blade length
overall length: 3.5"
cutting edge: length 3"

blade width: cant remember
RC: Paul Bos puts S30V at about 59.5

weight etc. what are the divots?
The Divots are simply small indentations in the handle, in the G-10, sometimes the Ti, or both.

also, are model 1 SNGs (spear point, black G10 with Divots?, tiger stripe) still available?

This model is sold out, but there is a good chance that you will be able to find one at some pint in the for sale forums here, or on Ebay. They are only making 200 of each type, and of those 200 total 100 are spear point and 100 are Tanto

"What is the blade angle?"

I've asked that before, no answer. I'm guessing it's between 21 and 25 degrees. BTW, that's a very uneducated guess, as mine hasn't arrived yet...

"21 or 25 is very sharp, is it not?"

The smaller the number, the better, to a point. A Strider at 25 degrees is sharper than others I have at 20 degrees. The sharpest knife I have is my little DB. The (ATS-34) blade is .25" thick at it's thickest. The main edge is 25 degrees. It's way past being scary sharp. It's freaking dangerous.

Check this out, especially my second post in this thread:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=215146

Back