sounds like a plan :)

Thanks, and love the forum! Glad I found it
smile.gif

~KC

Oopers..let's try that again
redface.gif

Had a person write in saying that they believe their knife was carried away by a blue jay because they left it on the ground for a little while & there was blood on the leather wrist thong.

Now, this knife was an older style D.H. Russell belt knife, a good sized fixed blade with rosewood handle, so it had some weight.

Anyone ever hear of such a thing ?? I figure someone else came along and snatched the knife rather than a bird flying off with it.

Now if we were talking Alfred Hitchcock...
Cheers,
~KC

bfm

African or European swallows?

------------------
It is not the fall that kills you. It is the realization that "yes, you did something that stupid."

Cougar Allen

Buccaneer (ret.)
Sounds like a great idea to me! Should be easy enough ... I've trained a dog to bring me sticks ... it ought to be just as easy to train a bluejay to bring me knives....

-Cougar :{)

Hey, a Blue Jay that likes knives. That's my kind of bird.
Must have been one of those Toronto Blue Jays. They're about the only ones I know of big enough to do it.
wink.gif

MNH

It would have to be an African Swallow, a European Swallow could never fly away with a knife that size!

Mike

KnifeChik,
Do you run a kind of dear abbey for people with knife problems?
confused.gif
What do you mean you say you "had a person write in"?

------------------
Hoodoo

I get some pleasure from finding a relentlessly peaceful use for a combative looking knife.
JKM

LOL..you guys are funny
smile.gif
The person actually thought the bird took the knife to eat the bloody leather wrist thong *shrug*
I guess its not a very common occurance
wink.gif

Hoodoo, more appropriately 'Dear Stabby' maybe?
smile.gif
Actually, one thing I do is answer emails for a knife manufacturer. We get a lot of the standard questions/compliments, etc, but a couple times a month there are a few interesting stories, sometimes they even include pictures
eek.gif

~Cheers, KC

The Magician

Illusionist
KC,
sounds like a neat job. If you have any more I would love to read them. Thanks for the entertainment.
smile.gif

------------------
Brian
What is this existential quandry all about anyway?

glockman99

RIP Dann, you were a good guy.
Dang...I wonder if I can train that blue jay to fly away, with my ex-wife in its' grip?.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663