Votes: 0 0.0%
  • February 25 and 26, 2006

• March 4 and 5, 2006

• March 11 and 12, 2006

• Total voters
Well, this has been off to a slow start with numerous changes, but I have finally gotten my head out of my rear! :D

The first annual(hopefully) SE Mischief will be a gathering of my Rat brothers and sisters that care to show up with their collection of Rats. We will be sitting around shooting the breeze, eating, comparing notes, eating, and probably doing a lot of eating.

Please vote on a date. I personally don't care when it will be, since I am open for any of these dates. If you do not vote, someone else will be deciding for you. I don't want someone sqawking about the date in front of 20 others when we only had 2 people vote, so vote, durn it!

THE CUT OFF DATE FOR VOTING WILL BE SATURDAY, JANUARY 21, AT MIDNIGHT! One week from today I will be posting the final date, and making arrangements accordingly. Please VOTE!

This will be a BYO Food/Drink event. I will be bringing extra Bratworsts(sic) and stuff, but if you expect to eat at the location you will need to bring something. Logistics will be much easier for me that way, since I already have too much on my plate with all the acquisitions, territory changes, home projects, etc. :rolleyes:

I will be renting a cabin(this may be a trailer) that will be in a nice setting with a great view. If I can get the one I want, it will be on a river bank in Townsend, TN, which is in the mountains. This will provide us with a kitchen, restrooms, a grill, deck, and fairly sizeable yard to hang out in.

Townsend is 22 driving minutes from Pigeon Forge, and 33 minutes from Gatlinburg. We will be within minutes of the NC state line.

NO MATTER WHERE WE GET A CABIN, IT WILL BE IN THIS AREA! NO MATTER WHERE THE OFFICIAL HANG OUT IS, YOU WILL BE WITHIN MINUTES OF TOWNSEND, PIGEON FORGE, AND GATLINBURG.

There are many, many hotels in the Townsend area directly, and even more in the Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg areas.

There are also numerous restaurants in the area in the event you do not want to grill out. Whatever you want to do will be fine with me.

I will be posting links shortly. If you don't want to wait simply do a search of the locations stating what you are looking for. Campgrounds, hotels, hookups, all that stuff is up there.

Here is a link to Riverstone Lodge, where the rooms are as low as $40 during some seasons. I believe this Lodge is not far from the Cabin I am wanting at this moment. There are also brand name hotels all over the place.

http://www.riverstonelodge.com/

Alcohol is most likely no problem, as long as we are adults about it. The cabin owner I have spoken with said she does not care as long as we are not acting stupid.

Please keep in mind, however, that I DO WANT THIS TO BE A FAMILY EVENT, not a ho-down wing ding. I don't want anyone to think we are going to be having chicks dancing on the tables, and all that. :D At the same time I am sure no one will mind as long as we are being civil about it.

My son and I will arrive sometime on Saturday afternoon, at which time we will begin sitting around, and eating. You may arrive at any time, and you may leave at any time. Feel free to come and go as you like. Feel free to grill out and use the kitchen as you like.

I have far too much structure during my weeks to start setting up times for this event. However, I am going to try and set up short, mini seminars for Rat enthusiasts concerning different models, care and feeding, etc. When I can find someone that can give me a commitment on attending we will begin working on times on Saturday evening and night.

The loose plan at this point is to show up on Saturday at whatever time is good for you. We hang out at the cabin that night, and then everyone can meet for breakfast/lunch the next day, and then we are own our merry little ways. :)

I implore anyone that is a Rat owner to show up. I would love to meet you. If you are a Busse owner you are also welcome, but I would love to handle some Busse's. I always appreciate lesser quality knives. :D

Stay tuned for more. Same Blade Channel, Same Blade Time.

See you there.

ETA, what is your reaction to the above? Please post here. Thanks.

Terry, thanks for taking the lead on this. I'm available for a couple of those dates, but the first one works best for me. Tim the Slugman is in as well. I can't wait!!! :cool:

clone7 said:
Sounds great i wish i could come.!!!!!!

btw how do you vote in a poll?

I believe only Gold Members can vote on the poll. If you can't vote on the Poll just add your suggestion in your post

:D:D

I voted for March 11/12 but discount my vote if it gets close. :D There is only a 20% chance I can get away and head back there to visit the folks (Knoxville) and play with Rats.

Back up. Please vote now.

BTW, in the event of a tie we will flip a coin.....no, wait. Eric has all the coin! :eek: :rolleyes:

In the event of a tie we will figure something out. :D

Hope to see you there.

Last day to vote. The poll times out tomorrow.

Hope to see everyone there.

I cast the vote in Trailside 22's favor for 3/11 and 3/12.

The winner is 2/18 and 2/19. I will be making that reservation.

Hope to see anyone and everyone there.

Thanks.

I can sadly not make it but for those of you who can GO GO GO. and take some pics. :)

As everyone can see even after casting Trail's vote for March the February 18 and 19 weekend is the winner by one vote.

WE DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR A RECOUNT, SO DON'T ASK! :D

I am trying to confirm the cabin reservation as we speak, which is in Townsend, TN. After I have had a chance to do that I will start a new thread with links and all that good stuff.

Thanks to everyone that voted, and I hope to see even more people there than voted.

Stay tuned.

Back