Southern Grind Spider Monkey

i have been looking at these for a new EDC. That do you guys (and gals) think of the brand and quality of the blade?

My Spider Monkey is one of my favorite EDC knives. The workmanship is on par with ZT or Taichung Spydercos. The S35VN seems to wear as expected. I love the milling on the Carbon Fiber; these are some of my favorite CF scales. The pocket clip "looks" a little weird, but I've never had issues with it failing to secure in my pocket. It does feel a little different in hand, though. I think some people have complained about hot spots as a result. The thumb studs are functional and the knife deploys smoothly. The liner lock on mine engages soundly and is accessible for easy, intentional release.

I don't think you can go wrong with a SGSM!

I have a Spyder Monkey and it is a good knife
The material quality and the finish are good
The ergonomics are surprising for me, maybe because it is too "tactical" for my taste for this size of knife

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Only negatives I can think of are the stubby clip,I just don't trust it as much as a deep carry, and grip screws that need a tool you're unlikely to have. But maybe that's also part of it's unique look. I can't think of a good reason not to buy one if you're interested. Customer service is also good.

my random thoughts and a comparison against a cheaper but similar in my eyes knife
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...Southern-Grind-Spider-Monkey-photo-comparison

I love mine, it is part of my EDC rotation. Similar in size and quality to a small Sebenza. Fit and finish are great. My only complaint, was the pocket clip as someone mentioned earlier. Too stubby which made it too stiff. I switched mine out (has the same hole pattern as emerson and benchmades) and now really love it. Its a great blade shape and the perfect size for me. Fits the hand well and the pattern on the end of the handle is well thought out and really helps when pulling it out of the pocket.

oFJ5Anz.jpg

have a few southern grind knives and the spider monkey is my favorite--I like everything about mine including the clip.

Hi! I am still very happy with this little great knife :thumbup:! It’s very light, extremely pocketable, very good F&F and rather easy to sharpen and maintain. It has a permanent place in my weekly rotation. Can only recommend to get one of these! Only complaint I have is it’s difficult for me to disassemble completely, missing the right pin spammer tool, but I manage to create one myself from a bulldog paper clip :). My long version here:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1350578-Southern-Grind-Spider-Monkey

Really like mine, except for the clip, which stood too far off the scale to be secure. But I planned to take it off anyway, as I wanted a knife to wear around the office with jeans without a clip showing. So, far is working out splendidly. Cut up some big pieces of cardboard packaging and sliced a bagel today, which is pretty much standard fare for office duty.

Back