Southfork still out there?

Don’t see any for sale at a dealer. I would post a wanted to buy in the exchange and keep an eye out for one in the fixed blade exchange.

Define "sensible price". The South fork was always expensive.

Around the 210 to 230 Knife Center etc used to sell them for. Yes they are expensive even at the big retailers.

I found one for sale at a retailer her in Australia for over $700 AUD. Over $500 USD. Now that's just nuts.

429 only one on auction site at that price. Glad I picked mine up for 140 off the exchange.

Around the 210 to 230 Knife Center etc used to sell them for. Yes they are expensive even at the big retailers.

I found one for sale at a retailer her in Australia for over $700 AUD. Over $500 USD. Now that's just nuts.

Ah, you want it for the "after discontinued clearance price". Good luck.

I'm not sure what the cost of this knife was when originally released but if it was anywhere near $500 USD no wonder it went out of production. It's a nice knife but not that nice. I've decided to go for the GB Junction instead. At $140 it looks to be good value. Just ordered from DLT. It's intended use is a general duty kitchen, camp/kitchen knife.

That's what I thought and was ok to pay about that but not a lot more. $300 dollars buys some amazing knives, and if I'm parting with $300 plus post (USD), I want something very sweet for that.

You missed out it was 189 after discontinued. Like many Spydercos it just goes way up after they're not available. Mine is my favorite fixed. Sharpening is easy on ceramic rods. I also found out today my Blind Horse sheath fits it like it's made for it. So, that puts it on my side while hiking. The stock sheath rides too high.

Found out my Condor sheath is even better. I wasn't carrying the SF because the stock sheath rides way too high. Was thinking about buying a new leath sheath, or even having one made. This sheath is very nice to come with such a cheap knife. SF fits it like it's made for it.
v4njsx.jpg

I'm not sure what the cost of this knife was when originally released but if it was anywhere near $500 USD no wonder it went out of production. It's a nice knife but not that nice. I've decided to go for the GB Junction instead. At $140 it looks to be good value. Just ordered from DLT. It's intended use is a general duty kitchen, camp/kitchen knife.

Man Junction is significantly shorter. Makes more sense to compare southfork with bradley bowie.

Back