sp8

The only ontario I own is a sp8. I actually purchased this a few years back when I was looking at a becker tac tool but did not like the chisel grind it had and wanted an alternative to the martindale treebeater that I had attempting to pass itself off as a golok. When I go this blade it had a working edge but sharpened up nicely. I actually like the sheath it came with very durable and functional. The blade in use had been awesome while not used all the time on the Times it has been asked to perform it did so on jobs that would make other blades scream for mercy. It has cut down limbs to shove up under tires when I got bogged down. It has cut would that grew around fencing did damage fence too but it was necessary. Has served as a meat cleaver. I have used it as a pry bar on many occasions it batonned wood for the fireplace when I broke my handle on my axe and was to lazy to drive to face hardware for another. The saw on the back sucks tried it doesn't work well at all its much quicker to just chop. I have also used it to poke around and tear apart old logs and stumps looking for grubs to fish with. I did do food prep once with it just to see if I could. It was backward but managed to get the meal made. I like this blade a lot. The edge retention could be better but it is far from bad. Would love to see these come.from the factory with a convex grind.

I didn't know what the SP8 was when I read your post. So I looked it up and wow. Got to have one. Can you attach the sheath to a pack?

I didn't know what the SP8 was when I read your post. So I looked it up and wow. Got to have one. Can you attach the sheath to a pack?

To be honest I.never tried. It always road in my tool bag in the back of my Suv. I will get it tomorrow and let you know
Su

Last edited:

To be honest I.never tried. It always road in my tool bag in the back of my Suv. I will get it tomorrow and let you know

Well it can be attached to a pack with some ingenuity/ paranoid. But it was really meant to be belt carried. The ring at the bottom is for stabilization against the leg. These two points could be used to attach to your pack but there are no molle attachments. There are lots of aftermarket keyed sheaths for it online though. Like I said when I finished with mine I just through it back in my tool bag.

Back