Spartan MOLLE Nylon Sheath

I recently bought an Ontario Blackbird knife and am very happy with the knife itself. The sheath, however, is Chinese junk and I am looking to replace it. I have been hunting for a non-custom sheath online and found these Spartan Sheath which seem like they may fit. The sheath is designed for a 3/16" thick blade, whereas the Ontario has a slightly thinner blade, but I think it should be OK.

Does anyone have any experience with this sheath? It seems to be US made and of higher quality than the sheath that came with the knife. If anybody else has any recommendations for another brand of high-quality sheath to fit my knife, please do let me know - thanks!

The $35 price point on that Spartan kydex/cordura sheath seems like a good deal, especially if the felt lining is an attractive feature for you.

If you decide on a kydex or leather sheath instead of the Spartan, the brotherhood of Bladeforums members includes some very talented craftspeople who can create a carry for your knife. Reach out to someone here on BF whose work you find attractive. Plus, you can then coordinate with the maker to include specific materials or features you might want.

A quick internet search will return a broad field of makers of sheaths for that knife. Take your pick, though I do advocate working through BF first.

The $35 price point on that Spartan kydex/cordura sheath seems like a good deal, especially if the felt lining is an attractive feature for you.

If you decide on a kydex or leather sheath instead of the Spartan, the brotherhood of Bladeforums members includes some very talented craftspeople who can create a carry for your knife. Reach out to someone here on BF whose work you find attractive. Plus, you can then coordinate with the maker to include specific materials or features you might want.

A quick internet search will return a broad field of makers of sheaths for that knife. Take your pick, though I do advocate working through BF first.
Thank you for the information - I had no idea that people here would offer such a service. Ideally, a custom leather holster with a single belt loop would be great - I just do not have any leather working tools or the desire to get into it just for a single sheath.

I will definitely look into this.

Back