Spartan SHF Pic Thread. Let’s See ‘Em!

Interesting comparison in overall size and shape. The 710 and Rukus have long been the only BM's I truly like. I think the SHF ergo's are the bomb (I like a rugged feel on bigger folders).

Rugged is a good way of describing the SHF, not that it is a cheese grater; but you definitely know the jimping is there.

For the expected use of the knife I think it fits quite well. I have often said that the SHF feels like a love child of a Hinderer and a CRK.

Rugged is a good way of describing the SHF, not that it is a cheese grater; but you definitely know the jimping is there.

For the expected use of the knife I think it fits quite well. I have often said that the SHF feels like a love child of a Hinderer and a CRK.
Or a Hinderer and a Les George, which I think is more in keeping blade wise.

Today's carry:

lKpGZBKh.jpg

kFtipgih.jpg

Interesting comparison in overall size and shape. The 710 and Rukus have long been the only BM's I truly like. I think the SHF ergo's are the bomb (I like a rugged feel on bigger folders).
Yeah, the 710 had this cult following back in the day. Not sure if many like um. I used mine alot. Still struggle shapen the d2 recurved blade this one came with.
The Harley is really smaller then I thought it was going to be.Im not saying it small but some people talk like your carrying around a brick.Maybe it's the blade length that is to long to carry were they live. I don't know. I love the thing. So much so that I'm going to invest in one with the coated blade.

Great looking knives and graphics. Thanks for sharing. Making me seriously think about a SHF
There is something I get out of the SHF that is sort of "old school" in a very good way. The blade shape was instant love for me, even though before I ever saw one in person I wished for a hollow grind - I actually love the flat grind on this knife. The gear tooth jimping some have opined is too rough feels perfect to my hands (but then I also love XM-18 ergos). What I didn't expect (and LOVE) is how butter smooth my full size is. Like as in equal to my well tuned large Inkosi (but with a vastly better thumb stud). Zero lock stick, great centering, and the finish is 10 out of 10.

Yeah, the 710 had this cult following back in the day. Not sure if many like um. I used mine alot. Still struggle shapen the d2 recurved blade this one came with.
The Harley is really smaller then I thought it was going to be.Im not saying it small but some people talk like your carrying around a brick.Maybe it's the blade length that is to long to carry were they live. I don't know. I love the thing. So much so that I'm going to invest in one with the coated blade.
The action is pretty smooth out of the box, but once you open em up and clean the pivot and grease them back up with CRK grease or similar (I use TW25) they reach a whole nother level of smooth.

There is something I get out of the SHF that is sort of "old school" in a very good way. The blade shape was instant love for me, even though before I ever saw one in person I wished for a hollow grind - I actually love the flat grind on this knife. The gear tooth jimping some have opined is too rough feels perfect to my hands (but then I also love XM-18 ergos). What I didn't expect (and LOVE) is how butter smooth my full size is. Like as in equal to my well tuned large Inkosi (but with a vastly better thumb stud). Zero lock stick, great centering, and the finish is 10 out of 10.
When you get around to taking it apart, a thorough cleaning of the pivot and regrease will improve the action even further.

When you get around to taking it apart, a thorough cleaning of the pivot and regrease will improve the action even further.

I also polish the washers a little bit on my strop with some compound when I take mine apart.
Mine is already as smooth as my all-time smoothest folder, a Gen2 XM18 non-flipper on teflon. It will fall shut with the lightest of wiggles.

Back