Spec Elite is sweet!

wildmanh

Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker
Friday I stopped by my local knife shop to pickup an Arkansaw sharpening stone and check out some of last years knives I have not seen in person yet. The shop had both versions of the Daggert in both finishes, the Tech Bowie Spec Elite I and II and others. But those are the 3 models I was interested in so I didn't pay attention to any others. Plus they were low on stock.

Anyways the Spec Elites are as nice as I thought they would be. Smooth actions just like my PE II if not smoother. Fit and finish were excelent just they way I'm used to from SOG. I really like the blade shape. Seems like a great slicer and that small recurve is soo sexy with that tip. Probably mentioned that last year and again thoughts have not changed, but my desire for one got stronger. LOL!!!

No SOG knives came home with me that day (payday and my check wouldn't clear till Saturday) but I did get an Inova X1 flashlight Very cool by the way and a Henckles Sheeps foot parring knive for my mom. Am tempted to head back after work to get a knife or two. Probably shouldn't but it's been in the back of my mind for two days now. ;)

Heber

i almost bought one today along with a seal pup elite in black tini , but decided to wait for the outcome of my job interview tomorrow

Good luck with the job interview and I think you will really like the Spec Elite.

Chris

Good luck with the job interview and I think you will really like the Spec Elite.

Chris

Yeh ill secound the good luck on the job interview. Jobs are to hard to get any more. Theres a few sogs i want to get. Mostly folders like the twitch II and would love it if sog comes out with a few fix bladed knives with 4 inch or short blades. The contour just dont hold much intrest to me and is only one i found in that 4 inch or shorter blade length that i know is legal for carry here in oh(ell)io. Know how blasted hard it is to get a strait answer on knife laws here heh.

Sirgalant, good luck with the interview. Along with the Spec Elite I was also tempted by the Seal Pup Elite. It's small compaired to my Tigershark, but then again most knives are. LOL!! I love it's size think it would make a great camp knife.

Am riding the bus to and from work will my car gets fixed. I waited at a stop where both the north and south bound busses pickup. I'm south of work and the knife shop is north. If the North bus would have come first I would have gone to the knife shop and gotten a new knife or two today. But the south bus was first today so I went home and to the store to get steaks, chicken and veggies for soups and BBQing. :) a knife will come later this week maybe....

Heber

had my interview today thanks to all who wished me well , i`m just waiting to hear about my job now . i`ll be staying by the phone LOL

job interview...... I had me one o' them today !! For a job in Alaska, running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Not so sure I'll say "yes please may I have another" to that one. Worst part: no extra pay for all that cold weather.

Cheers,

Carl

i got my job , for the next 3 months anyway . just gotta pay off the credit card bill , then i`m back in the knife buying market

Good for you Sirgalant! :) Will you be getting a spec elite after bills are payed? I know I am. :D And a new Seal Pup Elite.

Heber

thanks wildmanh , appologies for jacking your thread mate . i`m currently addicted to the busse family of knives (a very expensive hobby) but once the CC bill is paid off i`ll be ordering a bunch of knives from NGK. as far as sogs go i`ll be looking to get ; scuba demo , spec elite , seal pup elite black tini , seal pup elite tigerstripe , and maybe a tech bowie .

No worries, SIRGALANT. I've had a few Busse knives, they are nice for sure. Didn't care for the way the handles felt so I parted with them for more SOGs. Hope to get a few Busse's again some day.

Was eyeing the seal pup elite tigerstripe and Tech Bowie a few days ago.. I keep going back to the knife shop but I ain't buying yet. Got to recover from the mother's day bills. ;) Though the Spec Elite is my next purchase I think...

Heber

Since today I am the owner of a Spec Elite I. I am enthusiastic about itII:thumbup:

The finish is top, especial when I keep the price in mind. The bead blasted blade is razor sharp and the handle has a anti-skidding surface without the danger of damaging the pockets of my trousers. The Clip does a good job and is mounted with three (3!!) screws in an immersion. So the clip will never slip.

The opening and closing of the knife is very (!!!) smooth. I don't know any knife that works better. And this lock is absolutely strong! I did compare the Arc Lock also with the Benchmade Axis Lock, which is very similar but not the same.

The relation between blade lenght and handle lenght is unsurpassable good. So much blade in that relative short handle - WOW !!

And this knife is of comfortably light weight and you have to keep in mind, that there are steel liners below the Zytel handle scales.

I am sure the quality of the AUS-8 steel blade will perform very well.

Thank you SOG Speciality Knives & Tools!! :thumbup:

Damn, I've been eyeing the spec elite one for a while now, trying to sell off a few of my knifes to fund it.

Hello everyone, I'm new on bladeforums but own some SOG knives since a little while. I live in Belgium and fortunately, sog knives are easy to find here! that's very apreciated. I could say for sure that the Spec elite is something I really want... because I already own a pentagon elite II. Why? 1) I love big sized folders as disuasive weapons , 2) the arc-lock is undienably the best ,safe and reliable locking mecanism , 3) Sog knives are innovatives. The only things that stop me from bying the spec elite are because of the non-upgrade of this knife in comparaison of the pentagon elite !! 1) I love to have combo edge (plain and serrated) for their versality , 2) I prefer tini coating instead of bead blasted blade , 3) if I could choose, I would like a tanto blade instead of a drop point blade (but that's only my opinion) 4) AUS-8A is the common steel used by SOG, why don't upgrade it by a VG-10 (or AUS-10A or BG-42 in my dreams!!! THE X-42 SPEC ELITE II TANTO .... sniff ! )
But even like that, the spec elite is worth the buy.

ha ha the steel upgrade debate has been had so many time in here over the eyars

Debated and re-debated...:D
I am waiting to hear about a final decision in my job interview too... LOL! Heber your thread seems to have unravelled...;)
My SOG wishlist is the Tomcat 3.0 and maybe the Tigershark folder - oh... and fixed blade too - the SK5 one... hey Carl!:p
We'll see how it goes... oh yeah CC's really do want their money too...:grumpy:

Back